Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fuel/Energy alternatives.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt762x39
    I remember seeing an article on how to make bio fuel with cooking oil and you have to mix chemical one of which kills all the nerve endings of any skin that it comes into contact with I said oooooooooh heeeeeeellllllllllll no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It aint worth the risks to my health
    It is catalyzed with a solution of sodium hydroxide (lye - very caustic) and methyl alcohol (very toxic). With proper chemical handling techniques and care, it's safe. Without them ...
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69
    there is a type of grass that can put out more ethanol production than, for example, corn. There is some being tested at one of the universities in Alabama.

As for Brazil and the sugar cane - there are a percentage of ethanol only cars and many others run on both gas and ethanol. Brazil's dependence on foreign oil was lessened by their discoveries of oil in Brazil. About 2 or so semesters ago,in one of the classes I took, we all had to write research papers ( each paper was done by a team of 5-6 people) and two of the teams wrote about Brazil, ethanol, etc. there is a lot of very interesting information about ethanol.

As for me - I keep hoping that zero point energy will become a reality. http://www.zpenergy.com/ and http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/ZPE/ could give some information.
    The grass you are thinking of is called switch grass. The problem is that cellulosic ethanol is not yet economically viable for a number of reasons from proper enzymes to how you achieve continuous year round sufficiently large supplies of switchgrass
    The vast majority of new cars in Brazil are flex fuel (not ethanol only)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If oil prices are high enough for a long enough period of time other sources come on-line. Diesel invented his engine to run on peanut oil, but yes, geling at low tempertaturs, not to mention where do you get that much veg oil! is a big question. At high oil prices, coal-gasification (a technology used in Germany durring WWII) also works, and we have plenty of coal. In additon, extraction of oil from shale and sands also works at high oil prices. If oil stays at these levels people will invest and bring prices back in line

Yo, what up my Ninja! gmanindahood's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I read somewhere that if we continue to use the fuel at the rate that we are it will pretty much all be gone by 2036. Well that's O.K. with me since my spaceship will be finished 5 years prior. I plan on kidnapping a couple of Playboy Bunnies and starting my own race of human beings on another planet. Sure, all the boys will be ugly like their father, but at least all of the girls will be large up front which should be good if any of you stop by!!!
    On a serious note about the topic...I caught the tail end of a report about algea being converted into fuel. They had large cylinders filled with water that were outside exposed to sunlight at which point the algea started growing in them like crazy. Not sure if the by product produced by them was methane or not but they were talking about covering deserts with them. Did anyone else see this??
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us all back!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The main points about biodiesel have already been covered, but I wanted to share a few links I've collected, including the one about making a sample of biodiesel to test a proscpective WVO source you may run across.

Kitchen Biodiesel

My wife's contacts would provide me several sources of WVO and I plan to get the diesel model Jeep Wrangler when it comes out and convert it.

There's a conversion nicknamed "appleseed" which uses an old water cooler as the core for the processing of WVO into "refined" biodiesel.

Biodiesel Appleseed Reactor Plans

Appleseed Processor Kit - Utah Biodiesel Supply

Biodiesel Conversion Kits, Processors and Equipment

Biodiesel FAQ & Info - BioDieselNow - Renewable biodiesel fuel

biodieselpictures.com :: View topic - Biodiesel from John R in the UK

Some vids are also on this page:

Getting Started Making Biodiesel - Utah Biodiesel Supply

Media Coverage of Smarter Fuel

World Famous Dr Pepper Wash Technique (Pat Pend) - Topic Powered by eve community
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

OK,look forward.If you make charcole,you have wood gas.Use wood to start that going,then you use the heat to process Bio diesel.And while you are at it,why not fire up a still and make distilled water,or,ethinol,or moon shine,hey,this is just thinking right? Ok add some gas to the process and you have f85.If you have the room,the help,and the gall,you are a surivor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My dad actually had some experience with wood gas back during WWII, a lot of the German civillian cars were converted to run on it as the "real" fuels were being used up by the military. Two main problems were you needed a good filter to keep the solids in the smoke from congealing inside the engine, and accelleration was anemic at best.

Diesel engines (at least the older ones) will run on just about any type of light oil, newer electronically controlled ones might not do so well on some fuels. Even if the used fryer oil does suck in winter temps, no one sez you gotta use it year round. Running for "free" throughout the summer is sure a heck of a lot cheaper than buying diesel all year long.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Solar panels with a good series regulator.

Don't want to boil your batteries off.

Clean, Silent and, powerful

A bit pricey.

Feedback Score

zero point energy is reality, just visit the free energy generator website that discuss it - you can see how it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    there is a type of grass that can put out more ethanol production than, for example, corn. There is some being tested at one of the universities in Alabama.

As for Brazil and the sugar cane - there are a percentage of ethanol only cars and many others run on both gas and ethanol. Brazil's dependence on foreign oil was lessened by their discoveries of oil in Brazil. About 2 or so semesters ago,in one of the classes I took, we all had to write research papers ( each paper was done by a team of 5-6 people) and two of the teams wrote about Brazil, ethanol, etc. there is a lot of very interesting information about ethanol.

As for me - I keep hoping that zero point energy will become a reality. ZPEnergy.com and Directory:Zero Point Energy - PESWiki could give some information.

Feedback Score

we are stuck with oil and pollution for now, our children will suffer from it the most, I just don't understand all of these government agencies that send us to the moon and back , they can't develop something clean to make energy...
    here is what I hope will happen - some free energy generator - this theory need to be developed Magnetic Generator Review - Build Magnet Generator Today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.