Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What would "You" eat?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And I was starting to think I was the only hillbilly that liked sasafrass tea. It has to be dug by yourself though, that stuff they sell in the store is crap.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

most everything needs water to survive, so I would look for water first. If you can't find water, make a place for water to gather. I once seen a show where a guy dug a ditch in a desert, laid a tarp in the ditch, poked a hole in the middle of the tarp, and put a can under the hole. After morning, the dew gathered and ran down the tarp into the can. It was enough to get a good drink from. Granted you need these supplies, but I bet you could compensate.
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman
    And I was starting to think I was the only hillbilly that liked sasafrass tea. It has to be dug by yourself though, that stuff they sell in the store is crap.
    Don't get me started on sasafrass tea

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

What about warmth?...I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds clever. After you establish your fire, gather rocks. Put the rocks in the fire to heat up. Dig a small ditch about 4-8 inches deep (enough to cover said rocks) and as long as you are. Put the rocks in after they are HOT. Cover with earth from the digging, and set your sleeping bag over the trench. The earth will insulate the rocks and keep the heat in. No sleeping bag?, gather leaves and test temp. so you don't burn your ass

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I too have eaten fresh water messels, and crawdads. Both were terrible! I am sure that both would taste much better with a little more effort than I gave it, and a "survival appetite". Dandelion greens seem good to me, but I always drain the first boil water, then add new water and bring to a simmer. It seems to rid most of the bitterness, and some salt&pepper helps out, too.
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack
    We chinese eat everything it fly, swin, crew and walk with 2,4 or more feets

A friend of mine that was Chinese has said " if it has four legs and isn't a table, if it swims in the ocean and is not a submarine and if it flys in the air and is not a plane, EAT IT"
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

can some deer meat, i have some that's 6 years old and still tastes good. you can can anything almost, even bread.

if the SHTF, don't count on there being too many large sized animals left around for long. A buddy of mine, his dad grew up during the depression. He said the first year wasn't such a big deal becuase everyone hunted. he said the second year there wasn't a deer or squirrel left....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Could you imagine if everone hunted, what it would be like now? I'd bet after the second year there wouldn't be too many two legged creatures left!
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score

remember cold-blooded critters don't have worms or several other nasties that live in warm blooded critters

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

remember...if you can't eat it, lick it so fast they think you're eatin' it..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.