Gunco Forums banner

What would "You" eat?

12K views 62 replies 41 participants last post by  daltex1 
#1 ·
The question is, if you were really starving, and it was down to survival, what would you eat, or do to survive? Is it a good idea to have basic knowledge of edible plants, or trapping/snaring techniques, or will the Gov't be there to feed you? I have "played around" with preparedness, and survival methods for a few years, and I'd like to think that I would be able to eat Pond Scum & BullFrogs. I'll say that in my experiments with "Survival Foods", it's been a big awareness challenge between how I am used to feeding myself, and others, and how you might "have" to eat. OBTW, tinfoil makes some "dandy" cooking vessels.:)

#52 ·
Yeap, BEER!!!

I have been stockpiling AMMO and some good HIGH CALORIE beer.

It would be advantageous to take a sip or two of beer an hour. Lots of nutrition in just one big bottle of BEER! :)

UUUMMMMM GOOOOOD!

AAAHHHH YESSS!

SOOO GOOOOD!!!!

B E E R !

CHEERS!!!!

#54 ·
Grubs have at least 5 times the protein, termites prob. 10 times the protein, of beef.
Pine needle tea-more vitamin C than orange juice.
dandelion flowers.
We have everything here, from rabbits to geoducks.

Speaking of survival food, Anthony Bourdain on the food channel was with some Nigerian tribe; they got a boar with a poison arrow, and immediately carved out it's anus and colon and tossed it on bare charcoal, covered with dirt to bake. He obliged them after protesting, and said it basically tasted like dirt and poop.

#55 ·
Ya know, all these NG shows and such where the guy eats all the weird "Native foods", I gotta wonder how much of that is the "primitive people" having fun with the idiot jornalists? "Look Zonk, me make fat guy eat poop!" "Zonk do better, make him eat termite testicles with 'special sauce' !"

#56 ·
:lolup::lolup::lol::lol::fnypost::fnypost: :nanabang::nanabang:

I don't care who you are that's funny.

G
#57 ·
Having been blessed to grow up where and when i did living off the land is pretty easy if your set up for it.

was in the US once trying the game when i asked about a big furry thing i spotted and was told it was a nutria (sp?) and was "good eating" i thanksed the folks and later i got one..

You gotta be kidding right??

Goanna is gormet compared...

cheers

jack

oh i brew my own beer.

Last batches where, Pilsner 8% Lager 9% Stout 14%

theres a meal in every glass of stout, 20% protein!!!

#58 ·
Remember BILLY BEER,after they took it off thr market some showed up at the military base I was stationed at.I secured some to save as a collectors item,About 10 years later the unopened cans were empty.WHY? Better make your shtf beer stash be in make your own kits.:nanabang:

#60 ·
Ever wonder why they eat everything well done everywhere except America. HAAA. Damn they eat some kind of toasted bug in the Orient.
Bluejack what the hell are those things you guys snack on. My bud tried one and said it tasted like toasted bug. Uh O.K. Yuk.
But I do love Oriental food. Here is some good eating.

Attachments

#61 ·
that cat looks tasty. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.