Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to ...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

What is giardiasis?

Giardiasis (GEE-are-DYE-uh-sis) is a diarrheal illness caused by a one-celled, microscopic parasite, Giardia intestinalis (also known as Giardia lamblia). Once an animal or person has been infected with Giardia intestinalis, the parasite lives in the intestine and is passed in the stool. Because the parasite is protected by an outer shell, it can survive outside the body and in the environment for long periods of time.

During the past 2 decades, Giardia infection has become recognized as one of the most common causes of waterborne disease (found in both drinking and recreational water) in humans in the United States . Giardia are found worldwide and within every region of the United States.
    Division of Parasitic Diseases - Giardiasis Fact Sheet

Feedback Score

I'm on a deep well. Just ordered my hand pump and the pressure valve so that I can fill my pressure tank from it. Next is a 12v motor, deep cycle battery and a solar panel. Water was really my only limiting factor. Moooohahahahaha....

John

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Water is the main staple. If you can control that, you are partially set.

With all of this IRAN deal boiling up, I sure hope the SHTF don't happen till later when it cools off some. Water will go a lot quicker down here in Texas in this kind of HEAT!

I will make a stop over by the Auto parts place this evening for a couple of 12V FANS. I have plenty of 12V power with the solar panels and battery array.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.