Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the silver market will do?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69
    True, I just kick myself in the butt at times for not investing in precious metals when they cost less. I remember when silver was $6-$7/oz and now it is over $12/oz. and when gold was less than $400/oz and it is now around $600 or more an oz..
    Well -- I remember in the late '80's when I leveraged everything I had into silver on the Chicago market at $11 and watched it go to $7. My friend, it's never an easy call.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69
    I wonder though if the pre-1964 90% silver coins are a good way to go for those that can't afford others. I had a buddy of mine offer to sell or trade me a bunch of peace and morgan dollars. But he is holding on to them for the time being.
    There's a well established market on those. Friday's Wall Street is in the bottom of the can but I'll check tomorrow -- I think they're quoted.

Edit -- Quick look shows a little over 9 times face.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

I relly don;t understand the whole, buy gold for a SHTF secenario?

If the SHTF, I think thinkg like toilet paper, and cigarettes will be way more valuable. If society takes a complete dump, WTH good will gold or silver do anyone?
    Repeal FOPA NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Toilet paper AKA "Mountain Gold" when out hiking/riding/sledding.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Because someone other than you may have the toilet paper.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mike26038
    I relly don;t understand the whole, buy gold for a SHTF secenario?

If the SHTF, I think thinkg like toilet paper, and cigarettes will be way more valuable. If society takes a complete dump, WTH good will gold or silver do anyone?
    Mike, I like the way you think!! you are a true survivalist!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

FYI - Silver broke $12 again yesterday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think what you are seeing there is the dollar going into the crapper, a situation that will only contine with our trade deficit and the FEDs unwillingness to raise interest rates because they are scared it will cause the housing market to further deflate as all those ARM loans reset. so one way to hedge against a weak dollar is silver or gold.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meyerse
    I think what you are seeing there is the dollar going into the crapper, a situation that will only contine with our trade deficit and the FEDs unwillingness to raise interest rates because they are scared it will cause the housing market to further deflate as all those ARM loans reset. so one way to hedge against a weak dollar is silver or gold.
    agreed!
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'll continue my rant...The Chinese are propping up our currency while pegging thiers against it. This makes thier imports LOOK cheeper than they should be on the order of 40%. Once they have it all, they then can start dumping that ONE TRILLION in US currency they hold.

Yes that is Trillion with a T

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah, I find it freakin scary that the Chicom government could just stop buying/and or dumping and most likely cause a financial meltdown of the US Govt. within a week.
    Someone said last week that China is to the U.S right now financially, what the U.S. was to Great Britian in the 1930s and 1940s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.