Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the silver market will do?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Default What do you think the silver market will do?

Some say it is a good idea to have some sort of precious metal for preparedness/economic reasons. Gold is nice - but costly. Silver seems to be doing better than it was last year, and I have read where the price of silver will keep going up. Do you all feel it will go up or stay around where it is at? If you feel it will go up, how high do you think it will go? $20/oz., $40/oz, or more? Just curious what everyone thinks.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Lurking Troll Camper UrbanCountryBumpkin's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Silver will keep going up due to the weak devaluation inflationist dollar policy of the Federal Reserve and the US Government they own. All commodities will go up in value, demoninated in USD. You cannot go wrong, long term, holding value asset metals such as Silver.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

with the decline of phototography, mainly in medical imaging due to digital technology silver is not in demand as it once was. imaging was at least 50% of the use for the metal, with out it the demand is lessened and the price has stagnated due to lower demand.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

That is interesting to hold some Precious metals for curency if SHTF. Had not thought about that.
    Consider this, Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Ocala and Marion County Car Audio

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

ptannjr - the silver eagles and the silver maple leafs seem to be popular. Not only from a collectable standpoint - but also from the purity of the silver in them.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Lurking Troll Camper UrbanCountryBumpkin's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Silver has many industrial uses far beyond photography, e.g. electrical connections, brazing, batteries, jewelry, silverware, catalysts...

http://www.silverinstitute.org/uses.php

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanCountryBumpkin
    Silver will keep going up due to the weak devaluation inflationist dollar policy of the Federal Reserve and the US Government they own. All commodities will go up in value, demoninated in USD. You cannot go wrong, long term, holding value asset metals such as Silver.
    There's increasing competition for most all commodities/resources. I would like to invest in more than just lead & copper..
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Mike -- I use one of the financial adviser firms and several years back they laughed at me for "investing" in ammo and Krugerrands.

Had a meeting Wed of last week and watched them eat their words. Only problem was it was my money they were only getting 2.8% return on!!

I know they're over $600 for a one oz coin but it's the standard of the world. If everything else goes; that will remain.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    Mike -- I use one of the financial adviser firms and several years back they laughed at me for "investing" in ammo and Krugerrands.

Had a meeting Wed of last week and watched them eat their words. Only problem was it was my money they were only getting 2.8% return on!!

I know they're over $600 for a one oz coin but it's the standard of the world. If everything else goes; that will remain.

True, I just kick myself in the butt at times for not investing in precious metals when they cost less. I remember when silver was $6-$7/oz and now it is over $12/oz. and when gold was less than $400/oz and it is now around $600 or more an oz.
    I wonder though if the pre-1964 90% silver coins are a good way to go for those that can't afford others. I had a buddy of mine offer to sell or trade me a bunch of peace and morgan dollars. But he is holding on to them for the time being.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Recession comming in 2007, should slacken demand for commodities a bit if you didn't get in before.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.