Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: canned butter and cheese

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Default canned butter and cheese

has anyone tried the canned cheese or butter available from http://www.internet-grocer.net/butter.htm http://www.internet-grocer.net/cheese.htm
    or from http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/the-...ter/Categories

I have thought of adding this to preps - but other than buying a few sample cans to try I was wondering if anyone has tried them and can give a first hand account of how they taste, etc.

also I noticed the canned meats, but want to try my hand at canning some vension or beef first.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It says imported from New Zealand and Australia, my sister lives in NZ and her hubby is an Aussie. I will ask if they've had any experience with them.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

I like the title "Fresh" canned meat. Why not just get spam and tuna?
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    I like the title "Fresh" canned meat. Why not just get spam and tuna?
    I have some of both. the turkey spam isn't to bad (I don't eat regular spam).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

If you've never had quality canned beef, you haven't lived. Think tender, savory roast beef, swimming in dark, rich gravy. 60 seconds from can to hot in the microwave.

I live in cattle country, some of the folks here still put up canned beef, and anytime I can, I take advantage of an offer for some. My mother does it once in a while. Yum!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Another that I miss from my childhood days, whole canned chicken. Bones and all. Found on every grocery store shelf. Floating in chicken broth in the can.

We used it to make chicken & dumpling soup. So very very good!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson
    Another that I miss from my childhood days, whole canned chicken. Bones and all. Found on every grocery store shelf. Floating in chicken broth in the can.

We used it to make chicken & dumpling soup. So very very good!
    I have a whole canned chicken on the shelf about 3 feet away from me. Sweet Sue brand.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Bought in Alabama, or mail-order? None up here in Yankee country or I'd have one on a shelf, too

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

bought in Alabama.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My brother in law emailed me this morning. Bega/Bega Valley is the dairy country part of Australia, about 400 miles from Sydney. He grew up there, what a coincidence! Dairy farms almost exclusively there, and Bega Cheese company is the largest cheese company in Australia. He assures me any of their products will be top notch, although he has not seen the canned stuff there.

I found their website, looks like the canned stuff is for export to the middle east? 24 month shelf life as well, although I'm sure with cooler temps and a conservative expiration date to keep the lawyers happy you could probably extend that another year without any danger.

http://www.begacheese.com.au/products/products.html

NZ butter he has only seen fresh, but he again says it should be pretty good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.