Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MREs HUH.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile MREs HUH.

You young whipper snappers. Why back in my day we ate out of a can. P-38 races to see who could open the can the fastest. Cooking our food over C-4. Beans and franks. Turkey that tasted like like Oh God I'm getting sick thinking about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MREs  HUH.-mres-c-rats.-002.jpg  

MREs  HUH.-mres-c-rats.-003.jpg  

MREs  HUH.-mres-c-rats.-004.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if you wanna try a gross mre that even the tobasco dont help eat a egg and cheese omlet. yecch.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by g2busmc View Post
    if you wanna try a gross mre that even the tobasco dont help eat a egg and cheese omlet. yecch.
    MRE: stands for "Meals Rejected by Ethiopians".

Beef Frankfurters...The FOUR FINGERS OF DEATH!!! Also, vegetarian MREs. WTF???? They're usually the nastiest of all.
    "One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit constitutes firepower." ? Gen. Merritt Edson, USMC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

don't forget about the 5 pack of smokes and john wayne bars.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Don't forget hardtack and coffee.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yea our new ones aint got those stress releiving smokes. (i used to smoke) but that dont matter much to me. no "john wayne" bars we got the oorah/hoorah bars depends on which side you look at. Hard tack? nope. we got regular crackers and vegtable crackers. yep still got the disolvable coffee with sugar and cream to add in. and then the 2 lil chicklets of either mint/or cinamongun. occasionaly skittles, plain/peanut/peanutbutter m&m's, tootsie rolls. cobler. jam/peanut butter. a flavored drink mix, or dairy shake mix. lemon poppy seed/ spice pound cake, brownie, cookies. yep our "mre's" have definatly changed. and oh the variety of meals and combos. but regardless they still taste like shit and plug up rearend.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I actually like a lot of the MRE stuff, Although I will grant that if fed a steady diet of the stuff I would probably not look forward to Dinner.

C and K rats, never tried them. But have heard stories from my Dad (WWII) and a Marine friend (Vietnam). They both agree the Ham and Lima Beans was the worst tasting stuff to ever be canned. Something about feeding it to a POW would result in a war crimes charge? The funny thing is my Marine friend swears the C rats he was issued had WWII era dates on them..........

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

mre's are awesome. there are only a few I don't like. Now if I could just get some of those french mre type meals (RCIR).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I thought the C rats were good, I always ate the scrambled eggs...loved the pork patty when it first came out in the MRE's...and the strawberries...mmmmmmmmmm

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking DAMN BIG AL.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I thought the C rats were good, I always ate the scrambled eggs...loved the pork patty when it first came out in the MRE's...and the strawberries...mmmmmmmmmm
    I ain't messin with you. If you could swallow those scramled eggs you are a better man than me. Oh my God. 12 months on C-Rats will kill a man.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.