Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo

Feedback Score

It depends on the scenario. Lets say Meltdown of Society, or really rough times.

Since my main handgun would be the .357 for versatility, I would elect to have no less then 1000 rds. 4-500 of those being .38spl since I also have some .38s. The reason being is that .357 can be used on white tail and the .38s on smaller game. The rest of the handguns would only get fed a couple of hundred. This is provided I have powder, bullets and primers for my wheel guns.

As for rifles. I view 1000-1500 per caliber for the Aks/SKS or AR15 if you go that route. And at least 400 for your bolt guns. Currently the only thing I'm lacking on is ammo for my AK/SKS. I need about another 1000 rds case to get up to speed on that.

Now if it is invasion of the US by some other nation, I dont think I could put a limit on it. I would like to have several ammo dumps in each neighboring town as well as a few here in mine.
    Infantryman
    Two Combat Tours
    Criminal Justice Major.
    15 years of shooting under the belt
    Collection of both modern and antique handguns and rifles
    STILL A YOUNG MAN WITH LOTS OF TIME

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Being on an open road highway is NOT good. There is no place like home. Strength in a degree of comfort. ALL of your fire power ready to go. Unless there is absolutely no way you will survive a massive attack assault.

Some gangs with guns would just bring me more weapons and free ammo. There would be body discard detail though. Like dragging your deer out of the woods on a trail bike from where your stand is.

What would blow it for us is if a concentrated high number of personnel did a pass through our subdivision. If well trained and armed division size forces made their way through here, we would be wasted. Or, a tank was sent in to clean out hot spots like us.

Set up cover to where Night vision heat sensors may not pick you up. Helicopter patrols would find a lot of us.

Do not transmit. Directional radio convergence is all too easy now. They can X you right in within minutes.

If our own military comes in to ICE down known large capacity weapons holders, that will be a real big mess on its own. But, that most likely will not happen if we are assaulted by foreign power. The military will be expended on them.

Keep your wits about you and don't over react. Conserve your resources. Stay covered. DON'T SHOOT UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here's how I look at ammo.
    When I think I have enough I buy more.
    Then I buy some more just in case that's not enough.
    Just to make damn sure I buy just a little bit more.
    And then I wonder, do I have enough ammo? Not sure, I guess I should buy a little more.
    Point is, you will never have enough cause you don't know how long the shit storm you find yourself in will last. I don't ever want to have to fire that last round.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

You have to keep just one, for yourself.

Beats falling into the hands of someone who is going to torture you and rape your wife.

One thing HITLER did do right.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

With it all looking like it is now, it is recommended that all should get a few extra ammo boxes for safety. Make sure what you keep in your home is well and operable.

This site is plenty able to contribute coaching and or advise on how to properly use firearms.

If you are one of them who are afraid of guns, think about how you will feel when an intruder points one in your face. The time is almost here.

Be ready for what IS TO COME!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, preparation is the key to success and survival!
    I mentio ned earlier that I also keep a box or two of ammop for weapons that I do not own(yet) or know that other family members DO own on hand.
    JIC, you never know what fate holds in store for you.
    So I have a box of .357 sig and 9mm although I don't own either caliber weapon. One box was a mistake purchase(from the pimple face behind the gun counter at wal mart) the other box was given to me.
    I also like air guns because they offer a relatively quiet way to hunt/eat while not giving away your position to someone. So I keep several tins around(they go fast)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ImtheGDP View Post
    Here's how I look at ammo.
    When I think I have enough I buy more.
    Then I buy some more just in case that's not enough.
    Just to make damn sure I buy just a little bit more.
    And then I wonder, do I have enough ammo? Not sure, I guess I should buy a little more.
    Point is, you will never have enough cause you don't know how long the shit storm you find yourself in will last. I don't ever want to have to fire that last round.
    I'll second that......and order yet another crate of what I have the "least" of provided it's on sale. I always take advantage of sales and buy a lot of what's going for the best price. In that way I've managed to squirrel away a "nice" supply of many calibers at the lowest cost.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Default How Much??

Excellent as a gift for any occasion...birthday,house-warming,wedding,Christmas,etc. Stockpile as much as your finances allow...ammo is definitely a valuable "trading stock". Everyone has their own "comfort zone". I suggest---.308 5-6000rds,30.06 3-4ooords,7.62x39 10-12,000rds,.22LR 15-20,000rds,.223 1,000(battlefield pick-up the rest),& of course handgun ammo(couple thousand ) in each of your favorite calibers and in the most common such as .45,9mm,.38,.357. Also a supply of 8mm(3,000rds) for mausers --use of a bolt-action definitely conserves your ammo.
    "Evolution/Revolution"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

jus purchased 500 rounds of .17 mach 2 amm for $3.69 per box of 50.
    a steal!!!!!
    add that to othe 400 that i currentlyhave and rabbit is back on the menu!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

8mm is one of my better stocked ones. A MAUSER in hand and you are set.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.