Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ammo

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

You have a lot more .22Cal than I do!

And, I don't own a .45Cal anything.

I would bump that 7.62X39 up one more 1000 before the price goes up again next month.

Does not look like you need to even worry about 9mm or .223.

Your stock looks well covered.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

glad u think so, but what isitthat they say..'just when you think you are prepared for anything..."?
    well,pistols are important to me because they are reallythe only practically concealable firearm in the home. during an emergency,i'dliketoknow that i could fill a backpack with a few boxes of the stuff and head out...
    12 ga is self explanatory and good for damn near anything, so i wil push that number up as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default my mossy 590

only had about 15 rds run thru it so far...considering the speedfeed stock w/pistol grip and ghost rings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ammo-dscf4521.jpg  

Ammo-dscf4522.jpg  

Ammo-dscf4523.jpg  

Ammo-dscf4524.jpg  

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

SIR if you are there with that .17 and can place your shots, I will be there with my FA STENS. Take out them primary large machine gunner operators and I can deal with all else.

Keep that 12 guage on a sling ready for close operation. The .45 cal on your hip for backup. I keep a TT33 Tokarev ready.

I finally see some REAL TEAM effort going here!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I do need a sling for it and a forward sling mount as well. I'm got the ext mag tube version of the 590 because of the ext shell capacity. I dont really like the way a sidesalle looks on shotguns, but am considering it for convenience to go with the speedfeed stock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have a 20 Gage Mossburg pump. Pistol grip and real short. Just barely legal length. I have 3 inch shells in it with #2 steel shot. For safe confrontation inside of the house. Won't get through a wall and hurt neighbors.

There is also my Baretta .32 Cal TOMCAT with FEDERAL premium hollow points in it laying right next to the bed. Along with a HUGE stinking ROTTWEILER.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I like the Mossy somewhat, and am dissapointed that I did not spend the extra moeny to get the Rem police model or the 870 version of the same.
    The quality just isnt what I thought that it would be. Not to sound SNOBBY, but IMO rem does a MUCH better job with their shotty's than Mossy.
    Besides, mine froze up on the 5th shot or so. I WAS PISSED. I will take it out this weekend to run more and different ammo thru it. Someone suggested that the ammo may have caused it? My wife was also pulling the trigger, so if she "soft armed" it, or tried pulling back on the pump at the wrong time, she may have caused this to happen?
    It doesnt help that I've seen and heard of this happening to other Mossy 590 owners.
    I'm sure that a million people will tell me that they've owned theirs for millions of years with no prob. But the plain fact is that I cannot have faith in this weapon untill a determine what caused it to sieze up?!
    I finally got it to extract the shell by using excessive force to pump the handle.

I keep a few 3inch loads around the house as well. They kick ass!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Nothing beats a shotgun at close range other than a machine gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Yeah, I like the Mossy somewhat, and am dissapointed that I did not spend the extra moeny to get the Rem police model or the 870 version of the same.
    The quality just isnt what I thought that it would be. Not to sound SNOBBY, but IMO rem does a MUCH better job with their shotty's than Mossy.
    Besides, mine froze up on the 5th shot or so. I WAS PISSED. I will take it out this weekend to run more and different ammo thru it. Someone suggested that the ammo may have caused it? My wife was also pulling the trigger, so if she "soft armed" it, or tried pulling back on the pump at the wrong time, she may have caused this to happen?
    It doesnt help that I've seen and heard of this happening to other Mossy 590 owners.
    I'm sure that a million people will tell me that they've owned theirs for millions of years with no prob. But the plain fact is that I cannot have faith in this weapon untill a determine what caused it to sieze up?!
    I finally got it to extract the shell by using excessive force to pump the handle.

I keep a few 3inch loads around the house as well. They kick ass!
    "Froze Up" ... ????

I've had a Mossy 500 for years as the bedside defense in an accessible, albeit hard to find, location. Have never had any malfunctions whatsoever. "Limp wristing" would have nothing to do with a shotty - that really only affects semi-auto pistols. I had the Duke Nukem foreward pistol grip and it was a real nice little package. You can "limp wrist" that real easy when trying to rapid fire, and you'll only bruise your palm.

Is the gun "brand new" new? If so, you may just need to shoot it some for it to "wear in" the parts. Basically polish the parts by normal wear and tear. That packing oil that is on the guns with that "new gun" smell isn't the best lube. Spray it down with a good gun oil and see how it feels.

May have packing goop in it. Heck, it may have a burr on the barrel or chamber! Look closely at the extracted shell. If there are any scratch marks along the length of the round then that could be a telltale.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i will check it out, thanks. but 've also seen and heard of people having the same probs with the new mossy's?
    here is a youtube of a fella showingthe diff between the mossy 590 and the remington 870 when hie mossy jams up. he then comments that this has happened a few times before.
    i've not had mine jam since, bnut have only had the opportunity to fire it a few times since the jam.
    ifthere is a burr in the chamber or a problemwith the load/feed mechanism this is a quality issue and i shouldnt have to concern myself with it.
    i still feel that i should bought a rem 87o police.
    this gun just feels cheap compared to all of the other rems that i've used and hunted with. this ''problem" that surface within the first handfull of rounds didnt help matters either...i'll never be able to fully trust this weapon again...itt'll always sit in the back of my mind -the failure
    perhaps i'm being too critical, but i've owned dozens of weapons and never had this happen-ever.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.