Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ammo

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I bet she didn't pull the slide to the rear completly before trying to chamber the next round. what you end up with is a fired round and live round wedged inside the open action that is now locked up. The shell lifter is trying to raise the live shell but it can't because the fired shell is in the way because it was only extracted and not ejected. I know you can jam up an 870 pretty good by short shucking the slide, so its not just the mossbergs that jam. You only need to have that happen one time before you learn to pump that slide with some authority making sure it comes completely back and hits its stop before pushing it forward.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'll be the first to tell you that I know little about pump shottys-other than shooting them.
    I should have gone to Dicks or Gander Mtn before purchasing this model to get a feel for it. I still need to actually break it in, and see if I can duplicate the problem. I was lurking on another forum and saw where someone mentioned that the discount REM bulk pack ammo (12ga) can bind up and cause this to happen?
    That was the ammo that I was using in 00buck.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Everything is made to tighter tolerance these days with the 3-d software CAD programs floating around. I recommend just cycling any new weapon EMPTY a while then, lube it and cycle it some more. Then, clean all of that oil out along with the metal bits and residue. Then lightly lube it again.

These things are put together in a factory like where I work. But guns are not even fired most of the time before they leave the plant. Ar15's are most suseptable to this problem. Super tight fitting hardware that will lock up if you don't care for it right in the beginning.

These are like pets. You got to stroke them and rub their ears before they will PURR like a CAT. Give them some sweet talking too. :-)

Good little UZI.

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I'll be the first to tell you that I know little about pump shottys-other than shooting them.
    I should have gone to Dicks or Gander Mtn before purchasing this model to get a feel for it. I still need to actually break it in, and see if I can duplicate the problem. I was lurking on another forum and saw where someone mentioned that the discount REM bulk pack ammo (12ga) can bind up and cause this to happen?
    That was the ammo that I was using in 00buck.
    Moleman may be onto something there... worth checking out.

(sorry this is becoming a thread hijack - perhaps we should start a new thread in the general firearms forum )
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

This may of been covered already... and this maybe a dumb question of sorts, but bear with me here.

Would you stock more ammo for a Semi compared to a Bolt action rifle?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steellegioncpt View Post
    This may of been covered already... and this maybe a dumb question of sorts, but bear with me here.

Would you stock more ammo for a Semi compared to a Bolt action rifle?
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid responses!

Depends on what you want to do... and honestly there are so many "what if" scenarios that you shouldn't look at it from a "semi vs. bolt" comparison. Obviously you won't consume as much with a bolt action vs. semi, so as a rule of thumb you could stick with that.

If however you're going to rely on your bolt for "real" work like hunting (barring any discussions around zombie attacks or other silliness) then you may want to stock up more on your bolt action supply... bearing in mind it will cost more since it is typically of higher quality ammo.

So like I said... depends
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I keep less for bolt/lever guns but it's all higher quality hunting ammo-sp,hp, etc.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MUCH less to go wrong with bolt actions. I wish that bolt action shotguns were more readily available for retail sale..
    I had a 16ga JC HIggins bolt and that thing was unbreakable!!! LArge and heavy, but unbreakable

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid responses!

Depends on what you want to do... and honestly there are so many "what if" scenarios that you shouldn't look at it from a "semi vs. bolt" comparison. Obviously you won't consume as much with a bolt action vs. semi, so as a rule of thumb you could stick with that.

If however you're going to rely on your bolt for "real" work like hunting (barring any discussions around zombie attacks or other silliness) then you may want to stock up more on your bolt action supply... bearing in mind it will cost more since it is typically of higher quality ammo.

So like I said... depends
    Oh yea use would be a major factor, but I was only looking at it from a semi v. bolt stance. I guess there are a lot more things to look at cause I definitely use my k98 a ton

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.