Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ATE MY FIRST MRE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking ATE MY FIRST MRE

Wow. Not bad. Better than my old ladies cooking. Grilled chicken or whatever the hell it was. Sure beat C rats hand down.
    I am sure after a few weeks of eating them you could get sick of them real quick.
    But I was impressed with the taste and quality of the whole package.
    We used to carry a case of C rats which was not lite.
    If nothing else these have got to be easier to carry for our young troops.
    Took me a damn hour to figure out how to cook the damn thing.
    Even my cat liked the chicken. Come to think of it it did taste a little bit like cat.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yea some aint to bad. i like the candy, the wheat bread with cheese,peanutbutter, and or jam. and oh the dairy shakes are kick ass to. but when you get a case of them to fit into your pack before you go on a 10-20k hump out to the field, and have the extra weight until you eat them. they get heavy. quick. only thing is once you eat em for a while you do get sick of them, they start to taste the same eating them 3 meals a day especially breakfast, sucks. and then they plug ya up.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I wouldn't want to live on them but there are worse things. Ever eat one of those Coast Guard bars?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Ah you young spoiled young bucks. Ever eat a LRRP ration. Huh.
    Spoiled young whipper snappers. Ask Dinged how they taste.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I tasted something my uncle called 'c or k rats' (don't remember which) when I was a little kid. It was nasty! He was 82nd back in the day, he called them 'left overs'. He used to take us kids back into a rock quarry to watch him blow stuff up. Home made. I don't think he'd get away with that in todays political enviroment. He was a great man.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    I wouldn't want to live on them but there are worse things. Ever eat one of those Coast Guard bars?
    nope ive had a OORAH/hooah bar. one side said one thing the other side side said the other. im sure the coast guard bars and OORAH bars are the same. like a bad "power bar"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

yep, add a little water to a big pile of sawdust, compress, and like magic it's considered food. Looks more like it should be smoked if ya know what I mean.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

We used to take the cocoa powder and mix in the sugar and cream and then add a little water to make a paste.....MMMMMM
    If at first you don't succeed..Reload

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Ah you young spoiled young bucks. Ever eat a LRRP ration. Huh.
    Spoiled young whipper snappers. Ask Dinged how they taste.
    I've tried some of the dehydrated LRRP ground beef patties. Mixed in with the beans and tomato sauce entree it makes a passable substitute for chili.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I can't possibly relate to all the stories you guys have, as I never spent any time in the service. However, for a little more than a year now, my best friends from school have been Marines. They have been telling me more stories, and more tidbits of useful information than I can ever remember. Among those bits of knowledge they have given me, is how to REALLY have fun with an MRE.

The little MRE heaters and the tiny little bottle of tobasco and a 20oz water bottle can be made into what might be considered a pranksters MRE based tear gas grenade (just add water) There's not much to it, and it works.

Just thought I'd share that since we had fun with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.