Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Canning Recipes?

Feedback Score

that pickyourown site has a page about this:

Canners for Glass and Ceramic-Top Stoves

but the literature that came with my pressure canner has a warning about gas burners:
    "Caution: Do not use pressure canner on an outdoor LP gas burner or gas range over 12,000 BTU’s."

so just make sure you get something will work for your specific canner.

Feedback Score

i don't use a pressure canner i've always used a water bath canner for all my canning -you just have to double the time you would use for a pressure canner -i have a wood stove and an electric stove and in a pinch i can can on my bayou buddy cooker using propane now if you are wanting to can greens-turnip,collard,kale-first blanch the cutup greens for about 20-30 seconds then in a jar first (if you want seasoned greens)some cut onions and a few strips of bacon then pack tight in the greens leaving about 1/2 in space in the jar and then put some seasoning in (i like some powdered garlic and a little bit of boullion -you can get it in pork in the international foods asle if you cant find it in with the chicken or beef asle )then pure fresh water in then wipe the rims and put the seals that you had in hot water on and screw tight -then put into water you have already brought to a gentil boil after all the jars water should be at least 2 inchs above the heads of the jars bring to a rolling boil for 2 hours---keep a pan of water of hot water to add to pot as it boils off then take jars out when time is over from hot water and leave out for 24 hours beforing storing ---good seasoned greens-----remember its better to have and not need than need and not have

Feedback Score

See my post here for a great pressure cooker/canner :

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f250/han...ressure-52359/

Regards,

SwampBilly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.