Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MRE Buying Info

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    I was not slighting the Coast Guard.

Wait until you get assigned to a ground unit out in the middle of nowhere ( no kitchen unit ) and get to eat MREs for days straight.
    Not the Coast Guard, just me
    If your in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    -someone importanat

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie Kyle View Post
    Not the Coast Guard, just me
    Don't take nalioth wrong...he's just a "blunt" kinda guy.....

Feedback Score

No big deal. Actually get that a lot. Just never been told I havent been in a real combat zone becuase I didnt have to eat mre's for a month straight. But as for origional subject, I PERSONALY think that your body can adjust to eating nothing but an mre a day, but its by far not the best thing for you. And you can probly get other things for cheaper that are just as good or better.

-I have ate them for days straight, they suck.
    -someone importanat

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have two individual meal packs. I will save them till the end. When there is nothing else to eat. My last meal, an MRE.

:-(

BHP
    Feedback Score

I never had a problem eating nothing but MREs for a long period of time and I think for most people it just comes down to appetite fatigue. I never really had many complaints about them, some of the older ones sucked (the omlet and the ham and chicken loaf come to mind).

And not to get too picky but the Coast Guard is not, and has never been, a part of the military. They are a fine paramilitary force but they were originally a part of the DOT and now they fall under the DHS. Not much of a distinction really because they have fought in damn near every conflict we have been involved in since their inception and their service has matched that of every branch under the DOD.

As for the MREs, if anyone wants some I have a friend back in the states who has recently acquired a couple hundred cases from a PD that is surplusing them out. As I understand it they are all late 06 production date and they were stored in a climate controled warehouse. I think he is asking $50 per case or $45 each for 10 or more. If you want his contact info I can get it for you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BHP View Post
    I never had a problem eating nothing but MREs for a long period of time and I think for most people it just comes down to appetite fatigue. I never really had many complaints about them, some of the older ones sucked (the omlet and the ham and chicken loaf come to mind).

And not to get too picky but the Coast Guard is not, and has never been, a part of the military. They are a fine paramilitary force but they were originally a part of the DOT and now they fall under the DHS. Not much of a distinction really because they have fought in damn near every conflict we have been involved in since their inception and their service has matched that of every branch under the DOD.

As for the MREs, if anyone wants some I have a friend back in the states who has recently acquired a couple hundred cases from a PD that is surplusing them out. As I understand it they are all late 06 production date and they were stored in a climate controled warehouse. I think he is asking $50 per case or $45 each for 10 or more. If you want his contact info I can get it for you.
    $50 is a good price for ones made in 06, what state would they ship from?
    Might be interested in some if shipping isn't too bad.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

BHP
    Feedback Score

Ships from the Richmond Virginia area, don't know if he is the city or out in the county.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BHP View Post

WOW. And what would you know? I'm not trying to start an argument, but you are wrong in so many ways. Actually, you are out of your f-ing mind. If I did actually argue it would be WAY to long of a post. Some "non-military" facts for you: The USCG is the "longest continuing sea going service",since the Navy was disbanded a few times. The reason we are not under the DOD, is because of our law enforcement/counter terrorism mission. The other four under DOD cannot do what we do in that area (ie. boarding vessels without cause). There’s a bunch of WWII Marines, and Vietnam aviators, and even a few Marine corp aircrews around here who would also disagree with you on your "USCG is not military" quote. They do not award the Medal of Honor, to a non-military branch. A non military branch does not operate naval destroyers and landing craft. A non military branch does not secure off shore oil platforms in the beginning of the Iraq war, and stay till the end. I don’t care to much what you say about me, but you basically just sh-t all over thousands of coasties that died serving their country in the UNITED STATES MILITARY, as well as hundreds of thousands that have served.
    -someone importanat

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

As a Marine I take pride in admitting we are part of the Navy. Nothing dishonorable about our brothers and sisters in the Coast Guard.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SOME OF THE MRE'S ARE GOOD, SOME SUCK ASS TOTALLY. BUT IN THE END WETHER GOOD OR BAD THEY PLUG YOU UP THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO POPPING A SQUAT.
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.