Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 100 ITEMS THAT DISAPPEAR DURING AN EMERGENCY

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Gas masks and extra filters are an absolute must. You can't shoot if you SPEW!

I need to break one of mine out this weekend and train some with it.

We are pretty much counting on having to use these.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am convinced that, given my location anywyas, We will never have a chance to get out of bed not to mention grab a gun if international diplomacy fails.
    I live an hour south of Washington DC and 1 hour north of Richmond Va.
    This are will be the only REAL target that matters for our enemies. DC is like "the bullseye"
    anything 75-100 miles from DC will be worthless, dead or dying. The subsequent deaths from fallout within the next week will be even worse. I have a mask, but none for my kids, and therefore dont worry about them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I guess you want to see to their last minutes to go by quickly? I would make sure my pets are all taken out fast so they would not suffer.

I have masks for my wife and I plus spare ones. I am just banking on if we get lucky with no Nuke exchange and have to rely on good control using small arms.

If Houston Texas can be considered a prime target as well with all of the energy and fuel here I would not bother reaching for the mask supply.

Maybe a couple of minutes till the heat pulse hits us just at the 610 inner loop maybe? or less.

I would reach for my FLASK filled with Jim Beam and insert that into my mouth to empty as well as I could.

If for some reason I got all burned and messed up but did not die fast, I have the P-38 with several 9mm hollow point rounds ready to put into my mouth next.

Feedback Score

Default RETURN TO BASICS

I've lived in the rural area all my life and knowing to to raise a garden and (hopefully) finish the smokehouse for sausage and weiners and to bacon and ham,going to the woods to make firewood fresh and to another part to cut tree tops that were left over from logging a few years ago for dry firewood, and remembering what an older party(now gone) teaching me on swapping stuff.and an ice cream maker for our own ice cream and then some real estate people(JERKS)came over once when I was away trying to con us to sell our farm and they would be able to sell us a condo. I'd like to kick their asses if they come around again.

Feedback Score

Toilet paper. Ear plugs for shooting. Hell, ear plugs for whoever is using the toilet paper after eating vienna sausages for a week or two.
    Which one and why? I'm ignorant about these rifles. Please PM me your advice.

FAL - Springfield Armory SAR-48 with heavy (match) barrel
    FAL - Belgian Parts kit on Imbel receiver
    M1A's - Both over 10 years old. Springfield had lots of GI parts on hand. TRW bolts, GI trigger groups, op rods, etc. Choice of walnut or fiberglass stocks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

LOL

I will need ear plugs after eating all of this caned stuff!

Just use matches. Or, a cigarette lighter.

It don't get any better!

M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Excellent topic guys!

I have thought long and hard about this topic. One thing I would like to add is this,,,, Im not sure about posting links so google this exactly Construction of a Simplified Wood Gas Generator

I thought about building one just big enough to run a small engine just to get familiar with its setup. What do you think?

I didnt meen to hi-jack, I just thought this would fit in with fuel availability and storage, Dave.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

sure throw the link in, adding somthing to the the conversation, i wouldnt see it as high jackin.
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score

Ok, I couldnt remember the rules on live links, something like this could be a real life saver, The Gengas Page . If you could get something like that to run a genny to power a water pump, lights, chargers, etc, wow.

Apparently these were used extensively across the pong during extreme fuel shortages of WW2. An example of cool technology of days gone by. Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, my Dad told me about those wood gas units he saw over in Europe during the second great unpleasantness. IIRC, there was even a factory produced VW that used a rubber bladder on the roof as a gas storage tank. He said they were great for a fixed RPM engine but accelerating with one in a car would never win any drag races. OTOH, when the alternative was walking they worked mighty fine. Not sure of the movie, Father Goose maybe? that had a truck in the South Pacific with a woodstove on the back as a gas source.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.