Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting at preparation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I will be working on some organization of my storage this next week. I plan on a minimum two years of survival with hopes of stretching that into five years supplemented with wild game if necessary. I have two years worth of freeze-dried food, several cases of canned butter, canned cheese, buckets of dried grains (rice, wheat and various types of beans) I also have two Big Berky water filtration systems (with running water on the property), cases of necessities including toiletries, soap, med kit (supplemented with various "items" for illness, injury and surgical needs - don't ask). Of course several thousand rounds of ammo to last for years along with various sidearms, shotguns and rifles. Then Silver and Gold coin and bullion for potential trade or barter. I still feel under prepared, but then we are a few nobodys just trying to survive and stand up against armies of the unprepared leeches and a government that has become ever more intolerant and evil in nature.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Two years is well taken care of. I don't know if 1 year would be the time we have left before the SHTF? Like AR parts are now, food will be hard to aquire. The majority of people take the food and water supply for granted. And, will be the ones expecting people that did stock up to serve out enough to support them.

It will be rough until the masses of unprepared leaches get settled into the martial law camps or, wind up taken out. The very ones who say my guns are evil and scary. I am just PARANOID! I am NEGATIVE.

We will see in about March or so.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You can pretty well stash supplies anywhere. Here I put a few cases of freeze-dried food, bottled water (behind box on left), and two Berkey water filters with extra filters. Multiply that by a half dozen spare closets and cubby holes and you are well on your way to survival preps.

You can start small and build up from there. I also have other stashes with several cases of canned butter, canned cheese and canned meats. What happens if you are unemployed for illness, injury, natural disaster or economic calamity, or simply when the power is out for weeks, months or years? A little preparation can go a long way.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

After talking to many coworkers, yuppies and, baseball heads, I honestly don't think 90% of people will prepare much beyond just a shelf full of beans and sardines. They live for sports and the team. It will never happen to them kind of mind set.

They would not waste a nice big closet on stores for long term survival. Somebody would support me and my kids. As always. Guess again when that time does come.

Digital control TV coming next February may not let us watch the masses pouring into the martial law camps. Another element of well thought out government timing control.

Don't tell people around you what you have.

That time is getting ever so close.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Something that I do is i make a list of what items I need, and when me or the wife go shopping we pick up the things on the list. Learn from experience. No one can tell you what to stock that is specific to you. Start small and work your way up from there. BO or BI will make a difference as well. I will be BI.
    BDP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I get some canned sadines, sausage, stew and, other goodies every time I go to the store. If you do it in smaller sets of items at a time you wind up not even feeling the cost and the extra energy to carry it home.

We fed some of the our out dated stuff to the neighbor's dogs last weekend. They are still alive plus now, we are friends to them and they don't bark at us.

We need to get our water and drinks up in volume some. That is the least stocked item we have right now.
    M U S I B I K E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.