Thread: Got a Pressure Canner

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default Got a Pressure Canner

Well as i have started to improve the garden soil in hopes of a fruitful spring harvest i have been looking for a used canner. Well this weekend i scored a 17 quart Pesto canner from 1982. Got it at the yard sale for $10! Now i just need to freshen it up and learn t use it!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

keep us posted. I hope to find one at a thrift store or YS someday soon. I want to start canning too...

John 3:16

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

One trick that might come in handy. Sometimes the seal under my lid goes bad; at those times I go get the rubber shelf lining material at Wal Mart and cut a gasket that goes between the lid and the rubber ring... has sealed them up every time so far. I use a lot of semi dry heat, and seems to make the seals go bad faster.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I got one of those food dehidrators and played with it before they took the kids.worked good for apples,banana,and jerky.I think Ill dig it out again.To many things to do,not enuf time.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Here is a link that you might want to read over. It seems to have some good information.

Casaubon’s Book Blog Archive Pressure Canning 101
    Which one and why? I'm ignorant about these rifles. Please PM me your advice.

FAL - Springfield Armory SAR-48 with heavy (match) barrel
    FAL - Belgian Parts kit on Imbel receiver
    M1A's - Both over 10 years old. Springfield had lots of GI parts on hand. TRW bolts, GI trigger groups, op rods, etc. Choice of walnut or fiberglass stocks.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Is it a weight-regulated or mechanical-regulated cooker? If weight, check the seal and you're good to go. If mechanical, you need to have it adjusted. The manufacturer should be able to do that for you, it's not a normal at-home task.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

It looks weight regulated. it also has a guage. the ut that holds it is gone and its grommet is shot. so i need to fix that and then get a new seal. I would like to have this guage checked to make sure it is good or just replace it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If it is a gauge , and has a giggler then your fine. Refurbishing kits can be had at your closest ace hardware store.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.