Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Complete Proteins & Scurvy

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

if you look around some you can find buckets for free.
    I make my own super pails. I was buying #10 cans when I saw the super pails. then I was only a little bit of time away from makeing my own super pails!! the average price for a 50 pound sack of rice, wheat, corn, and some others about $20 and that will fill 2, 1/2 pail. WOW
    http://www.gunco.net/gallery/waterma...e=15193&size=1
    http://www.gunco.net/gallery/waterma...e=15194&size=1
    here is a pic of some pails ready to be filled, and a pic of some of my storage.. you can find just about everything prepaired to go in buckets. dry fruit, dry vegies, dry milk, potato flake, beans , grains. ON AND ON everything!!!

I use a clean bucket, metalized bags, oxygen absorbers, purge air with nitrogen, seal with a multy ridge seal bar, date and lable bucket. works great and fun to do togeather as a family!
    anyone else filling their own super pails?
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 12-04-2008 at 09:37 AM.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

when they sell super pails most of them have a 30 + year storage life. you can do just as good or better yourself!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how do yo purge the air with nitrogen?
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I use a regutator to reduce the extream pressure, I attached a clear flex tube, then I put a piece of new break line in the end hose. After sealing all but the last 2 inch or so of the bag I push the wand "line" to the botom of the bag. I let the bag kind of baloon up some by holding the last bit shut by hand , then let go and push out the air - nitrogen mix. I continue the nitrogen flow and baloon it out again.
    shut off nitrogen, pull out wand, squeze out the excess nitrogen and quickly seal the last 2 inches. be carefull as you can not to let any ari back in after the final squeze till you get the seal done. very easy with a helper.

I use an aluminum strip from the front of a tool box, as a seal bar because it has a bunch of ribs in it the entire length, this results in MANY seals. I screwed the strip to a piece of 1" X 1/8" steel to support it but a piece of wood would work just fine too.
    I heat it with an iron to seal. I hold the iron still for about 8 seconds at allmost the hotest setting. I lift the iron and them press-rub with a paper towel immediatly. this will assure a GOOD seal!! then move the iron forward along seal and repeat steps till it is sealed, remember to leave the space or the nitrogen if you are useing it..
    also allways use oxygen absorbers. just to be 100% safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.