Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proposal: Survivalist Flag / Symbol

Feedback Score

your desire to help like minded people is commendable, however i have to agree with others here in that its likely not a good idea. it wont take long at all before everyone who knows the code will tell 2 or 3 people to help them out, then those 2 or 3 tell 2 or 3 more to help THEM out... before you know it everyone kind enough to reciprocate needed supplies is now a target for those that WILL lie to gain your trust and rob/kill you when your back is turned to get at your supplies
    its my oppinion that the survivalist type will endure even if they are put in the position that would leave them needing supplies (house fire destroys all their supplies, NEED to relocate and cant bring enough for long term survival for whatever reason etc...) and while a helpful friend would be appreciated im sure, they will get by without potentially compromising those that are more prepared than the masses

maybe a code that could be left in certain areas like in front of a town hall that would be dated, and on that date anybody who showed up at the town hall could be observed from a distance. or whoever posted the code could "show up" like anybody else and interact to get a feel for potential friends/allies. sure beats everyone showing up at my door whenever they want. maybe thats more geared towards the end as we know it than hitting the fan. i dunno im tired and in a typing mood

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    But you don't want strangers that are complete unknown entities. You make these arrangements before TSHTF.
    Very true, find people that are like you.... prepared, have skills etc...... good place to find those people would be forums such as this one..... Get to know your neighbors/people that are from same area. I myself live in Bellevue/Seattle WA.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt762x39 View Post
    CS good point however they would be feeling the same way to
    now is a good time to get to networking and hammering out some new friendships. Tip is finding like minded people.
    While I agree with this philosophy, wouldnt EVERYONE be thinking like this in a SHTF situation?
    Who can be trusted?
    ONLY YOURSELF and your family!!!

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    While I agree with this philosophy, wouldnt EVERYONE be thinking like this in a SHTF situation?
    Who can be trusted?
    ONLY YOURSELF and your family!!!
    I disagree. I've known Bellson for over 20 years and trust him with my family now. As I said, we all have those bonds with someone now. If they happen to live close to you then it makes it easy to work together in a SHTF scenario.

Besides, there are family members in my family I wouldn't trust.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I disagree. I've known Bellson for over 20 years and trust him with my family now. As I said, we all have those bonds with someone now. If they happen to live close to you then it makes it easy to work together in a SHTF scenario.

Besides, there are family members in my family I wouldn't trust.
    My point is that I would NOT offer shelter or aide to anyone during a SHTF situation(outside of my family network). Access will be denied into my home for supplies/shelter/aid/food or water.
    My friends can take care of themselves. My wife and kids are my priority and EVERYONE should be able to understand that.
    We live in a society of individuals. Let them save themselves.

Feedback Score

upgrayedd................
    Better chance of surviving in SHTF situation if you have friends that are as prepared as you are working together with you, than you trying to do everything by yourself... Of course if the friends are just planning on you to support them then dont let them in your house, but if they have supplys like you do, and guns, you'll have better probability of surviving.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ARMO View Post
    upgrayedd................
    Better chance of surviving in SHTF situation if you have friends that are as prepared as you are working together with you, than you trying to do everything by yourself... Of course if the friends are just planning on you to support them then dont let them in your house, but if they have supplys like you do, and guns, you'll have better probability of surviving.

I think that we are on the same page here. My friends are like me Hunters and survivalists. They have a plan and plenty of ammo/food to stick it through...they dont need me and I dont need them.
    After the first few weeks, when the rioting and lootings subside, and the folks like us pop our heads out for a looksee, then would be the time to "pool resources" with friends, In my humble opinion.

I think that we got off the subject a bit here-but I still feel that the survival sign would not be beneficial to the homeowner/occupant in the longrun.
    I mean, you let somone in just because they have guns and ammo , then they shoot you in the back to take it all the food, water meds and ammo for themselves...
    If I have this stuff, I sure wont advertise it to strangers

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I think that we are on the same page here. My friends are like me Hunters and survivalists. They have a plan and plenty of ammo/food to stick it through...they dont need me and I dont need them.
    After the first few weeks, when the rioting and lootings subside, and the folks like us pop our heads out for a looksee, then would be the time to "pool resources" with friends, In my humble opinion.

I think that we got off the subject a bit here-but I still feel that the survival sign would not be beneficial to the homeowner/occupant in the longrun.
    I mean, you let somone in just because they have guns and ammo , then they shoot you in the back to take it all the food, water meds and ammo for themselves...
    If I have this stuff, I sure wont advertise it to strangers
    Yeah, I think we both have same opinions. I just thought it'd be better to team up right away, but you do bring out a good point.... and definetly having signs that say you this or that is not good, since the word will get around quickly... Just having relatives and close friends that you trust know about that is enugh IMO.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score

correction *** that YOU have this or that (3rd sentence)......
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.