Thread: 5 Year Water Storage/ Food/ Ect

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

These very things will be OH so valuable when the SHTF.

We put food stores together over these holidays. Threw away old spoiled stuff and out dated cans.

Next is long term water.
    M U S I B I K E

It's time. Get prepared! foodstr2's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Oh, MUSIBIKE, I wish I'd found you earlier. No need to throw away "outdated" canned foods. They'll out-live you.

Twice in our history, canned foods that were over 100 years old were found, opened and found to be edible.

See the articles at How long will canned foods store?

Best regards,

Bruce

Feedback Score

This is true. I tore down a building on some property that I bought. My dad was there and it had several canning jars full of pears dated 1974. I thought he just wanted the jars. Hell he made what tasted like apple cobbler and didn't tell me til after I ate it. Damn good stuff. BTW besides ammo etc, water and water purification should be top on everyones list.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I ordered enough water purification tablets today to fix 150 quarts of water. Also got some survival food bars. This is what you use after all of the stuff you stock piled away finally gets used up. This will give us a month of survivability while finding a new place to go live if the hood does not recover from whatever situation occurs.

We threw out some cans that were getting ready to pop open. That is bad stuff to eat!

If it is just out dated, we will boil it up to kill what ever is in it then eat it. Not going to be picky when these kind of cans are the last ones left.

Another thing to come across is pet food. Store up some extra pet food so you do not have to share you stuff with them.

Bin Laudin recomending attacks on us and Israel. OBAMA getting ready to take control. This is all some scary stuff. And, it is all true. Never thought I would see this bad dream actually come to pass for real. But, it now is.

Digital TV will be absolute control of the media by the government. A system that can report that you are watching something specifically per an account. Most likely these boxes will be able to transmit your conversations to a monitor data base? Maybe even video?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post

Digital TV will be absolute control of the media by the government. A system that can report that you are watching something specifically per an account. Most likely these boxes will be able to transmit your conversations to a monitor data base? Maybe even video?
    OH I HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS OH SO MUCH. WHY ELSE WOULD THE GOV'T MAKE IT LAW TO SWITCH TO THAT? ONE THING ABOUT IT THOUGH IS IF YOU HAVE AN HD TV YOU DONT NEED THE BOX IM GONNA TEAR ONE APART AND SEE
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Zym
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    I ordered enough water purification tablets today to fix 150 quarts of water. Also got some survival food bars. This is what you use after all of the stuff you stock piled away finally gets used up. This will give us a month of survivability while finding a new place to go live if the hood does not recover from whatever situation occurs.

We threw out some cans that were getting ready to pop open. That is bad stuff to eat!

If it is just out dated, we will boil it up to kill what ever is in it then eat it. Not going to be picky when these kind of cans are the last ones left.
    For cheaper water purification, you can either use standard household bleach or regular iodine drops. It's a lot cheaper than the tablets.

Canned foods last about forever as long as the can hasn't been compromised. Fruits are safe. Nothing that can grow on fruit can harm you. It either turns to alcohol or fruit mold. While fruit mold is quite disgusting, it's not harmful. Veggies are a different story. If their bulging toss them for sure. you can't boil away botulism toxin.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

If you want to keep your cans from degrading, coat them in paraffin wax before you put them up. Just heat it in a double broiler and dip then let harden.

-Yarro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zym View Post
    you can't boil away botulism toxin.
    But you can sell it to rich people as skin treatment.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.