Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: what should I stock up on??

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Default what should I stock up on??

well we all know the econome is going in the crapper. hay I think it is their allready... I hear a lot of talk about hyper inflation on the way, now I even see a thread about. I agree with spending some cash before it is worthless. maby help things and cover my but at the same time.
    first off let me say NO I am not going to buy gold!! the government has taken away our rite to own gold in the past and could do it again.. and I think if you do not have your ammo yet , you missed the boat.
    SO what else is a good idea to stock up on. I allready bought some bar, dish, and laundry soap, and some T.P. Now I am looking for some more ideas of things to get that will not spoil. I am intrested in any suggestions that could make life easyer if dollars are gone or worthless.
    Is anyone else stocking anything with the same idea in mind?
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Big bags of rice, honey, Bleach (it can be used to make clean water) Double up on meds, extra glasses or contacts of you wear them glue, spare parts for cars, and a big first aid kit, spices or anything that could have high trade value

Oh and as much ammo as you can get you hands on

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Meds Veggie seeds, canning supplies, fishing tackle esp hhoks line etc, and Ammo Ammo Ammo.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

35 reads and two responces, come on I know everyone has some good ideas here feel free to post in !!
    first aid GREAT IDEA, spices good idea again, seeds another great idea.
    a couple gallons of bleach = good idea
    I allready have some big bags of rice.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

simple. consumables that have unlimited shelf life. paper products, personal hygiene, first aid supplies, tools and equipment, ammo. means of food production are a plus as a hedge against hyper inflation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ammo, ammo, ammo, any kind any size. Even if you don't have a gun that cal. it can be traded or sold at a later date. Flour and the rest of the stuff it takes to make bread, remember the long lines for bread in Russia when there economy when’t down the crapper. You could have the neighborhood armed bakery, where no one gets out of line.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Don't forget about candles, batteries, coal oil, and matches. Spare scrap wood about on your property is a premium trade element. I have cooked steaks along with entire meals out there in the back yard with just a few hand fulls of twigs and some branches.

Go to the hardware store and buy up some water collection containers. Then, rig a spout to collect rain water off of your roof. This will make all of the difference in a hot time of the year when there may not be any rain for weeks.

Say some prayers.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

A well! Like the Colonel said bleach, but make sure it's not scented. Brown rice, beans, sugar, flour, salt, personal hygene items (cheap generic so you can get more and use for man and woman). Toilette paper, meds, the list could go on and on.
    Plant fruit trees and a garden and get plenty of mason jars & lids.
    Whiskey, rum or some other kind of alcohol for trade or as pain relief.
    Rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.
    Aloe plant for burns.
    Spice garden? chickens?
    Stuff that you can't make/grow but need to stay alive and healthy.
    Some things might be unique to you as required by health, age, location.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hand powered tools to use in place of air or electric. Such as the old egg beater style drill, hand saw, axe. It could get to the point wher it takes all the money you make just o buy food and essentials. Might have to get rid of phone, electric for economic reasons.
    Maybe a solar panel big enough to charge things that you must have or so you can have some light at night (hmm candles).
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just the short list off the top of my head:

I have roughly 4-5 years worth nonperishable food ranging from cases of #10 cans of Mountain House freeze-dried to canned butter and cheese to spices. Also two Big Berkey water filters with extra filters and 55 gal. water bbls. Of course the usual assortment of firearms and ammo (over 88,000 rounds of ammo in various cal. from 9x18 to 7.62x54R and 8mm Mauser). ProElite HP crossbow (135 lb draw) for silent hunting/defense. First aid and med kits for basic health to emergency surgury, and various meds. Then the add ons like Berkey solar chargers, Free Play chargers, Free Play radios and flashlights, and rechargeable batteries.

Oh yeah, and I do preserve wealth with Silver and Gold bullion as well as have "junk silver" pre-1964 coin for trade.

Interesting read (fiction) that demonstrates we are never really "ready" for any contingency. Still a good story:

http://survivalmonkey.com/SF%20books...ut-Current.pdf

A bugout cabin helps

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.