Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Road Test of Hormel Compleats Meals

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

as for hunting down food in the woods. just a thought.
    we were talking at work about this very thing. just about everyone said well I do not need to stock up on anything becaus I can go shoot deer. WELL here is the realization we all came to after a short time. If everyone was going to be out hunting for food their simpaly would not be enough out their to feed everyone. It would soon be very hard to find anything to shoot.
    it is hard enough to find, lets say a deer after hunting season just because they are more timid, not realy a large % of people actualy hunt compared to the % of people that said they would if SHTF. send large numbers of people out their, harvest large numbers of game, prety soon it is going to be difficult.
    maby we were wrong, but I would not bet on the woods to supply portine for my family when most everyone else is out their too. and we are in the north woods here.
    any thoughts ??
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Jerky. asap after shtf go out and get as much game as you can haul back and salt/dry out or turn into jerky. It will keep for years when stored in a cool dry place in nothing more than a paper sack. greasy critters like raccoon, opossum and bear don't make good jerky. Not saying it can't be done, but you need to get the fat off of the meat or it will go rancid before the cured meat goes bad.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel View Post
    as for hunting down food in the woods. just a thought.
    we were talking at work about this very thing. just about everyone said well I do not need to stock up on anything becaus I can go shoot deer. WELL here is the realization we all came to after a short time. If everyone was going to be out hunting for food their simpaly would not be enough out their to feed everyone. It would soon be very hard to find anything to shoot.
    it is hard enough to find, lets say a deer after hunting season just because they are more timid, not realy a large % of people actualy hunt compared to the % of people that said they would if SHTF. send large numbers of people out their, harvest large numbers of game, prety soon it is going to be difficult.
    maby we were wrong, but I would not bet on the woods to supply portine for my family when most everyone else is out their too. and we are in the north woods here.
    any thoughts ??
    Perhaps that's true near major metro areas, but where I'm talking about the population is around 2 people per square mile. Those in the metro areas won't have very good means to travel into the "woods" (or plains in my case) to harvest protein sources. Those living in the wilder areas will be able to take advantage of natural resources in ways prohibitively costly to metro-located people.

If the S truly HTF my family and I could walk to where I'm targeting in less than a week.

Looking strictly at protein daily needs, not wants, one deer goes a long way. Add in stores of rice, beans and grains (which together form almost a complete protein needs source as well as providing carbohydrates) and it doesn't take much wild game to maintain a healthy diet.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Use "The Road" as a training manual.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Man, I am NOT looking forward to when the SHTF!!! I am in the city! But, all of my stores of food and water are standing by. Way too much to make a run for it. And, running for it is pointless in the big city.

If it can at least wait until it begins to cool off again, I would not mind that. My luck, North Korea will successfully launch an EMP charge over the Central US while AWACS is off line. Some HOTHEAD over there will just get up and do it?

I hope an EMP won't cook Solar Panels?!? They are semiconductor elements.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

With IRAN out of the election duty now, more effort will be applied on getting under way with confrontation with anyone who is not muslum. Need to get back into putting food store together for SHTF.

Feedback Score

Food, ammo, and prayer. Food, ammo, and prayer. When you think you have enough of either, add more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.