Thread: Full tank of fuel..simple

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Full tank of fuel..simple

This is , I feel, the MOST underlooked item of survival and preparedness around.
    A full tank of fuel in your vehicle, whether or not the car can be used after a "global event" is very important to have because it can be siphoned and used in so many ways.

Fuel DOES have a shelf life and IS NORMALLY mosr affected by direct sunlight and moisture, BUT I keep a 10 gallon tank and cycle it thru various items each year (genny's and lawn equip) so that each year, I essentially "re-stock" my supply.

Feedback Score

Add Sea Foam to your stored fuel. Works as well as the other fuel stabilizers but it also cleans the fuel system of the engine. Helps those old junkers pass smog inspections too. I's good stuff to keep on hand and use regularly in your engines.
    On A Quest For Perfect Political Incorrectness.

Feedback Score

+1 on that Sea Foam. The fuel conditioner I use for my diesel gelled up in their original container.So had my machine which I had been treating regularly.One mile out in the woods- I thought I was screwed till temps warmed up.Stumbled on Sea Foam.Back running.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, 2DOGS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i have 12 five gallon cans i treat with Stabil and rotate out monthly into the cars, mower, two stroke mix and generators. keep it cool (ground level) and out of the sun. large quantities (five gallons as compared to one gallon) tend to stay viable longer. try not to be a price buyer and only stock up when the price is low. if it comes to the point you need it and can't buy any you won't care what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if you had a tank like the farmers have around here, 500+ gallons wont it stay fore quite a long time? Specially if it were below ground level?
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.