Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Extreme Living

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

RIP dugout Dick, we need more of his kind in America. Self sufficiency is something most only dream of, he lived the life.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

The area were "dugout dick" lived is absoulutely beautiful, of course the pictures don't show it. There is a road right above his caves that takes you into some of the best elk hunting country around. I saw those caves from the road back in 2003 when I was in Salmon River.

My hunting camp was about two miles down the road from him. I didn't realize what all the building on the side of the hill were until we hit a gas station and the clerk told us that some old guy lived in the caves there.
    Small world
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

theres nothing wrong to want to live a frugal lifestyle-i worked with a food bank for 18 yrs and you would not belive the wast that goes on -many a time ive had to leave stuff at a grocery store because of no more room in my truck but when i delivered it to a old folks home it made my day as lots of old folks live on a limited buget and sometimes it food or meds -i could live in the wilds as i was raised in the swamps of fla in the 40-50,s with a wood stove -you get very good at finding wild foods and hunting and trapping wild game-you need very little or none of the stuff in the world that is now- sorry about the long post i was raised in another time ----always look for different ways to live

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Profiles in Moonbattery: Daniel Suelo

Moonbats don’t want us to earn a profit, to build anything, to eat animals, to use energy, to take up any space, et cetera. You might think you could only live up to their expectations by dying. But Daniel Suelo lights the path to progressive righteousness by proving it is possible to exist in accordance with liberal rhetoric:

[F]or the last twelve years [Daniel Suelo] has been penniless on purpose, surviving off the land.

After a stay in the Canada wilderness Suelo renounced living with money, left his last $30 dollars in a phone booth and moved to Moab, Utah.

As well as quitting cash, he threw away his passport and driving license and changed his legal name, Shellabarger, to Suelo, Spanish for ‘soil’.

Ever since then Suelo has lived outdoors, camped in the wilderness, lived in caves, stayed in communes and spent nights in stranger’s homes, who may have picked him up as a hitch-hiker.

For several years Suelo set up home in a cave, two hundred feet across and fifty feet tall, on the edge of a cliff in the Arches National Park, Utah.

Here he carved a bed out of rock, foraged for food, drank from springs and bathed in a creek.

Any hikers were welcomed to stay with him to share his ‘home’ , his books and the wildflowers and cactus seeds that he ate.

Occucommies may smell like goats, but Suelo even eats like one.

Unfortunately there is a slight blemish in Señor Soil’s hagiology. He succumbed to temptation by going on a binge when the federal government sent him $500 in the form of a “tax return.”

Daniel Suelo lurks in a crevice.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.