Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article about gas masks

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default Interesting article about gas masks

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I purchased several of those mask from Centerfiresystems.com that have the side mounted filter. These are a bit better than some of the others they sell which obviously would not work at all.

The ones I got fit tightly about the face and most likely could offer some protection from maybe tear gas or a lot of smoke? They would offer eye protection so at least one might be able to see to load and fire weapons in defense.

These are the Finnish masks Centerfire sells. They would offer protection to ones face against fire and smoke. And, guard the eyes from flying glass and bullet spatter.

Something is at least better than nothing.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

To work effectively, masks must be specially fitted to the wearer
    This sounds a little self serving and eliminates 99% of the worlds military.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Some truth to the article, but mostly it is total horseshit!

One example is the M-10 style masks. These were close copies of the US M-17 masks, and are designed to fit a wide variety of faces. The filters may not provide complete protection, but the protection that they would lack is CHEMICAL, as in NERVE AGENTS. Everything else is particulate protection.

I could rant for a few more paragraphs, but I think I have made my point.

Some mask is better than no mask. The real issue is no only having the mask, but several sets of spare filters. Like 20 per mask....

Take care!!!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My mask is less than 10 yr old.Only have four backup filters.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I have some in the styl of the russian. I thought a mask that pulled over my entire head would give very good protection. the link said they were totaly usless, I have an easy test. I must be fit tested every year for my resporator at work. I can do the same test with one of my personal maskes on.
    the test is a bag over the head and a spray shot in. if you smell anything the test fails. I bet I will not smell anything with the masks I bought.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score

The article might be accurate, but I tend to be skeptical when they link to (and claim to get their data from) a vendor selling expensive masks and filters...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have 6 masks. Four filters for each one.

If it can keep the tear gas out of my eyes so I can shoot 30 seconds longer, it can make all of the difference.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I had a full face gas mask once but my juvenile delinquint nephew got into my gear, found the gas mask and turned into a bong. I never replaced it so that is just another item to put on my "to do" list. Thanks.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Have had several Draeger masks with spare NATO filters and a similar IDF mask with the drink tube and corresponding canteen. Ex-East German and Czech M10M with also has drink tube. Canadian with adapter to take NATO cannisters. Adapters from Maine military surplus will also mate the Swedish and Finnish masks to NATO cannister filters. Swede mask and bag came with an epi-pen injector!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.