Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Global Food Crisis

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Net farm income is forecast to be $57 billion in 2009, down $30 billion (34.5 percent) from 2008. The 2009 forecast is $6.5 billion below the average of $63.6 billion in net farm income earned in the previous 10 years. Still, the $57 billion forecast for 2009 remains the eighth largest amount of income earned in U.S. farming. The top five earnings years have been tightly grouped between 2003 and 2008, attesting to the profitability of farming this decade.
    ERS/USDA Briefing Room - Farm Income and Costs: 2009 Farm Sector Income Forecast

Reported here, USDA Crop Production Forecast , a September 11 USDA report shows increases in production of most farm products in the U.S., much more meaningful than looking at the U.K. Of course, even more meaningful would be world production figures, but the fact that an organic farming news source is pointing to potential food difficulties in the British Isles is less than useful.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It is GREAT news to read this. Increases in food production is always a very welcome bit of good news.

Sitting at the dinner table over at a nice place we go this evening, it was WONDERFUL to enjoy FINE quality food and drink. We do not realize how good we do have it here in the country.

It is sometimes scary to think about how it could come to pass with things in the future with the way things are going. Especially for us city folks who do not know how and don't have the resources to grow our food.

This is one reason it sounds like I think the sky is falling. I am not a fatalist. But, do know what happened in Haiti could come about here with us upon a disaster be it weather and or, an attack.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

We are very blessed in this country. Outside of street people, most of whom either choose the lifestyle or have emotional or mental problems, even the poorest in the U.S.A. enjoy decent nutrition and healthcare, much better than much of the rest of the world.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There are many acres of standing unharvested corn crops here in Eastern Kansas, and no fields being worked for winter wheat. I'm prepared to eat dead food for a while. Good post Black Blade.
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.