Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for 'Armageddon'

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for 'Armageddon'

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for 'Armageddon'

February 10, 2010 05:26 PM
    By Stefanie Geisler, Globe Correspondent

A Manchester-by-the-Sea man who allegedly had a cache of weapons in his home told police he was preparing for Armageddon, authorities said.

Gregory D. Girard

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.

Just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Manchester-by-the Sea police executed a search warrant at 23 Bridge St., police said in a statement. Girard faces four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. Additional charges are pending, police said.

“He indicated to police that he anticipated some form of Armageddon to take place shortly and he was getting prepared,” Police Chief Glenn McKiel said.

In addition to the grenade-type devices, police found approximately 20 weapons, including high-powered rifles, shotguns, and handguns. All of the firearms were purchased and registered legally within the past 10 months, McKiel said.

Girard, a computer consultant, had a Class A license, which enabled him to purchase large-capacity firearms. According to police, he was granted the permit without question.

“He did not have a criminal record and there was no indication at the time [the permit] was issued that he shouldn’t have one,” McKiel said.

McKiel added police are not allowed to ask applicants why they are seeking a firearms permit.

Police also found a large collection of camouflage clothing, knives, bulletproof vests, helmets, and eight pairs of handcuffs in Girard’s home. They also discovered stockpiles of medicine and non-perishable foods. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic, police said.

Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms.

Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard's building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.

Salem District Court Judge Richard Mori ordered Girard held without bail after he pleaded not guilty at his arraignment this morning. Mori slated a dangerousness hearing for Feb. 12.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/police_man_with.html

Black Blade: Arrested for unregistered "police batons"? Rather silly but I guess he wasn't prepared enough. Should always cache and stash some items so not to be found by others. Glad I don't live in Massachusetts.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What was it that prompted the police state intrusion?
    "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
    Therefore, whoever wishes for peace, let him prepare for war.

Feedback Score

total bullshit i hope he sues the cops for millions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sounds like a case of, " LOSE LIPS, SINK BIG SHIPS " to me?

Or, the neighbors got tired of hearing the shooting going on in his attic?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

{Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms.

Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard's building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.}

As I stated in another thread, they won't be wearing blue helmets. They will be your local, state and federal police, just doin' their jobs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    {Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms.

Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard's building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.}

As I stated in another thread, they won't be wearing blue helmets. They will be your local, state and federal police, just doin' their jobs.
    Hmmm, "Tactical officers" = Blue helmets in camo.
    Why do so many police departments, even in some small towns think they gotta look like they're in a Delta Force movie?
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Read this story earlyer but more facts were here BlackBlade.I will copy and paste this version and link for my other friends.Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for 'Armageddon'-raid3.jpg  

Last edited by railbuggy; 02-10-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add pic
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

> high-powered rifles.

In media-speak, there's only "high-powered" and "assault", I guess...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Ya, notice how he has not had a lawyer, he has been before a judge and denied bail, and he did not release a statement but the chief of police says "He said it" so it must be true... he's a nut preparing for armageddon. Well it just happened for him and he never got to fire a shot... he's in jail, having never done anything really wrong.

OMG... but he had camo and body armor... just like the cops. One by one, we'll watch our freedoms be whisked away in the middle of the night, but we should all be happy that we can sleep safer now... because this man with no criminal record, no history of violence, and legal registration of his firearms is sitting in jail. Really, pepper projectiles (most likely shotgun shells), tear gas, and 4 sticks!!! Seriously. Talk about Bullshit.

So why was a warrant served??? I'd love to know... I have a stock pile of food, ammo, and other supplies... guess what, we're stuck with no way to get food for several days... who's smart? who's not? Since when is being prepared a crime?

Mark

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

when i first read this i thought this incident was in the UK!

arrested for having police batons?

WTF is next baseball bats? geepers!

i got a few cords of firewood? could that be a illegal weapons as well? how about a garden hoe? god forbid you got a AX!

i think the NRA ought to send some high powered lawyers out there and throw down on this bunch of commies!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.