Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Restoring blue barrels?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    I'm seeing alot of yuppies in Annapolis with rain water barrels connected to their downspouts these days. I figured this would be a good platform for a garden irrigation system. In asking around and talking to folks about where they've gotten these barrels, I learned that there is an (eco-nazi) 'foundation' selling them and getting involved with the customer to help set the rainwater collection system up. They want $80 per barrel and then they want to be in your business. Selling you a bunch of stuff and registering you in their nice little database. Of course it's all to save the bay (bull shit). I called the head guy and it only took about 3 minutes to learn what he is all about. He's one of the ''the great 3 eyed lizard has more rights than you do'' types.
    ANYWAY, he tells me that the barrels are commercially restored.
    My question is what would be the best/fastest way to clean a barrel that had a methol alcohol based cleanser in it?
    Get a boat. Take it out in the Chesapeake Bay and anchor that bad boy down.
    The salt water should clean all the poisons and chemicals out of it in about a week. Bring it home. Rinse it out on your neighbors front lawn when he aint home.
    Should be good to go.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Tanvil.

Those 55 gal. Blue drums are all over the place down here. They use them at the Orange Juice plants.
    Hell think they sell for $5. My buddy had like 50 of them he was trying to give away.
    If you want one let me know. Just trying to figure how to ship it up to yah.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Get a boat. Take it out in the Chesapeake Bay and anchor that bad boy down.
    The salt water should clean all the poisons and chemicals out of it in about a week. Bring it home. Rinse it out on your neighbors front lawn when he aint home.
    Should be good to go.
    As crazy as that sounds 4th, I think it would work. Maybe it will even fill up with soft crabs.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I agree with the car wash thing, if you have a place that cleans big trucks near you that would be better, they run higher pressure and some offer steam cleaning (just very hot water). If you go this route don't pay more then like $5'ish, they usually wash a truck for $35-45
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.