Gunco Forums banner

Burial tubes

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TRX 
#1 ·
I went to lowes and home depot today looking ot get some 6" PVC to make some burial tubes. WOW they cost a lot of cash. Maybe lowes or HD aren't the places to go.

I have a couple in the ground now, been a few years since they were planted. But now I want a few more and I can't believe the prices!

Black Blade had a good site with some tubes but no sources for pruchase. Blade or anyone can you help me out with some sources??

#4 ·
Last night after posting this I went and looked on Craigslist for 6" pvc pipe. Found someone giving away a 6" X 20' sched 40 PVC pipe for free. Thing was never used and he just wanted it out of his yard. He was about 45 minutes away from me.

Its in my backyard now.

BINGO free!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
4" PVC is way cheaper - 1/4 the cost - of 6", at least locally.

I did a bunch of digging in the back yard last year. Hit a mystery water line with a trencher. The city guys came out with their metal detectors and found several copper lines, all under pressure.

It just took them a few minutes to map out the whole back yard. I could see them pause in the areas where I'd filled some low spots with old engine blocks and cylinder heads.

If "they" ever decided to do a full search, they'd have any stash with any metal in it dug up before they had the handcuffs on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.