Thread: Water

Feedback Score

Default Water

What types of filtration equipment do you have ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SweetWater Microfilter Mountain Safety Research Water Filter - Sale on Water Filters at the Lonely Planet Gear Shop

I have one of these I paid way less this was just the first site that popped up. Works great for backpacking what will you be useing it for camping? or SHFT type stuff?

For SHFT stuff I'm really luckly I have about 50,000 gallion pool out back I figure with boiling and filtration it will be safe to drink

If you only using it for camping IN THE U.S. just get a filteration one you don't need a purafication one for any water in the US are water is very clean

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I bought 1 micron filter bags on ebay, they will fit over a 5 gallon bucket. just pour water through slowly, and they will seperate out allmost everything , even most microbes. then just add a few drops of bleach to be 100% certain. presto CLEAN drinkable water.
    this is assumeing you are not getting your water from the river next to the old chemical sight, or downstream from the capped off land fill.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score

Purification tablets.
    http://flippa.com/auctions/89485/Pro...r-with-Organic-Profitable Online Ammunition Company for Sale

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Big Berky is what I have:

Also a small Katadyn for when I am out in the hill country.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

hmmm, let's see... (pictures aren't of my items, but examples of what they look like)
    A katadyn combi plus filter,

an MSR Mioxx,

and a camelbak hydrolink in line filter made by MSR.

Of course having some purification tablets, the ability to boil water if needed, etc are always good and backups to the above systems. I don't use all three together, but have all three for when they're needed. For home use for everyday tap water I use a brita maxtra. The filters we get here are German made, I'm going to assume the maxtra is offered in the states.

The berkey's are nice. One of my family members uses their's everyday to filter their well water.
    Another neat option would be the filter at Monolithic Marketplace — Just Water, Ceramic Drip-Filter

Having the ability to have clean, pure water is very important.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.