Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From Zombies to a New World Order: 20 necessities you will need

Feedback Score

Default From Zombies to a New World Order: 20 necessities you will need

Let's face it, we as humans have an uncanny ability for surival. And with that ability comes an dangerous sense of invincability. We have always felt this way even more so as Americans but hey thats what makes us Americans and thats pretty kick-ass. But the simple truth that noone wants to admit is that no matter how strong or civilizations get or how powerful our governments become any social order can and will fail. and when that time comes whether it be from total economic collapse or a strain of virus that reanimates the undead you will need to be prepared, because heed my words you will see it in your lifetime. So lets get started with 20 things you will need:

#1 water
    Being an outdoorsman my whole life and having under 50 treks under my belt I know firsthand how important water will be. Now im not saying stockpile water or go to sam's club and pillage every pallet of water they carry, i'm just saying keep it readily available. Choosing your camp or shelter near water (but always on high ground) is a must. Without fluid you will not survive.

#2 Knife
    The most primitive of tools that will always be a necessity for those on Earth. A knife can help you do everything from starting fires to defending yourself. A good survival knife has a blade from 4" to 8" inches and should be kept on you at all time. I wont sit here and tell you one brand is better than another but as long as its durable and sharpens easily you'll be fine.

#3 Food
    Now food is always going to be on your mind especially as men we think with only two things one is our stomach and the other is not our brain. Now freezedried foods are an easy way out if you have the money and space but even that will eventually run out especially if you are forced from your home. my advice is either A learn how to fish or B learn how to hunt (if you can do both then you will not go hungry). Get to know the woods and waters around you and foraging will be a no brainer which leaves time for the other two things you think with.

#4 Protection
    There's nothing more practical to defend yourself from zombies or feral humans than a firearm. Guns can put a great distance between you and your opponent and will settle an attackers rage faster than pepto bismol on an upset stomach. The only problem is when you run out of ammo a gun just because a really expensive club. My opinion on the matter .22 LR is a pretty reliable round as far as hunting for small game or busting a zombie skull plus they're small and skads of ammo can be brought with you plus for 14.95 for a 500 round box check and mate. But if you're like me and your ego is just too big for the ol' .22 caliber then a 12 guage or any military issued round would be great for keeping on hand (e.g. 9mm, 5.56mm, 7.62, .308, etc.). However if your like some and you want a weapon to get up close and personal with, just make sure it's either light and sharp or heavy and blunt whatever your choice may be just make sure it can be easily repaired and maintained and its not too heavy to run with.

#5 Warm Clothing
    An old East Texas proverb my grandfather told my dad and my dad told me goes as follows, "You can always take off, but you cant always put on". Growing up in a deer stand ive found this to be true many many times. Pack warm and you'll stay warm. Sturdy footwear will be a definite also remember your feet always need to be protected and wash your socks and feet often.

#6 Axe
    Not only can it be used as a formidable striking weapon but an axe can build shelter, chop through animal bones, fall trees, or smash glass to get into buildings. Wherever you may be an axe is a must have.

#7 companion
    The old saying "trust noone" was probably said by someone who was surrounded by people. One thing that will keep you keeping on is hope and hope is built alot faster with two heads.

#8 compass
    Navigation will be a definite must have ability for post apocalyptic times. whether it be to find a safe zone, refugee camp or just the nearest lake river or stream a compass will keep you from wondering in circles.

#9 firestarter
    One of the most important things you will need in these times is an ignition source for fire matches and lighters are an easy out but remember these things are only temporary and should be used only sparingly. One match fires are easier said than done but it is something you should practice and eventually it will become second nature. Magnesium (flint and steel) fire starters would be my reccomendation they are a pain in the ass to get the hang of but having rubbed two sticks together for 5 hours to create a fire I can say without a doubt i would have given a finger for one. plus magnesium can last for decades before being depleted and to top it off they're waterproof.

#10 Bargaining Items
    There may come a time while upon your journey that you may run into "friendlies", people in the same position you're in. Having something to barter with would be a great resource to secure whatever tool you may need. Salt in my opinion would probably be worth its weight in gold for people needing to preserve food or just remember what good salty transfat tastes like.

#11 Portable radio
    Anything that can keep you in contact with the outside world will keep your spirits up, give you hope, and open up vital information to get you to safety. hand-cranked models can be found easily and are easy to repair and do not run off batteries, two birds with one stone.

#12 Backpack
    You've got to put all this stuff somewhere right?

#13 First Aid
    Maintaining your safety will be a definite must while on this exodus. Make sure whatever kind of kit you have antibiotic is present. Festering wounds can kill you just as easy as any zombie or hostile foe. Also fishing line and a needle or super glue makes for a great cheap way to close an open wound.

#14 Portable water container (pwc)
    While even though you may always stay close to water always keep water with you getting lost is easier than you think and finding water while lost isnt any easier plus it can be boiled at that point to steralize.

#15 Rope
    Rope isn't a must have it is however a very effective tool. Rope can be used to scale obstacles, set snares, make shelter, set traps, or fish. Rope is very useful and should definitley be considered to add to your bag of goodies.

#16 Toiletries
    personal hygeine is very important while on the move. Your body is like a well made sportscar just as the oil should be changed every few thousand miles your teeth and your body should be cleaned at every opportunity. Failure to do so can result in anyhting from tooth decay to body rashes. Long story short wipe your ass.

#17 Light
    Now light is more of a commodity than a necessity but we in civilized cultures have grown as attached to light as we have breathing. lights give off a sense of security and can be effective tools for hunting or night travel. Flashlights can be useful but batteries will eventually burn out. Solar powered lights or manually powered lights don't put off as much light as do our modern day LED's but they are however battery-less, which in my book goes a long way.

#18 Road maps
    Americas highways are great for navigation but i strongly advixe staying as far away as possible from them. Many different people or zombies whichever scenario you prefer will be wandering these and most of the people or zombies for that matter you will not want to meet. But they can give you a quick route to the nearest safe zone.

#19 Cash Money
    While paper money may not be of any financial vailue in the new apocalypse, it can still be useful. If you Can't use it to barter with it could still be used for fire tender or butt wipe either one is a pretty good thing in my book.

#20 Reading Material
    While it's always good to be entertained a good book can keep your mind off things and your spirits up. Whether it be the Bible or Moby Dick they'll both keep you up in the clouds while you're reading. My advice, GO WITH THE BIBLE.

Now only you can make these things work for you in a survival situation your brain is the most important tool you will possess. The abilities to improvise and adapt will keep you well out of harms way. Stay pretentious and always be careful.

Forever with Christ,
    Coltbic

Feedback Score

nice write up,a good book to help one learn how to get by on your own in the wilds
    and would fit #20 is the old boy scout manual

Feedback Score

I like your wrtie-up.

I've been hearing a lot of talk about "2012" and things like that...while highly unlikely you NEVER know what the future holds.

I like to keep a BOB (Bug out Bag) of my own as well.

It's pretty much everything you listed with a few diffrences, like a change of clothes, not a WHOLE wordrobe or anything, just at least 1 change of clothes so you can wash one pair and still have another to wear while they dry (especially good if it's cold out.)

I have also been working on stocking up ammo, partly because the price of it keeps going up and partly just in case anything would ever happen.

IMHO I would say 1,000-2,000 rounds of ammo for each firearm you have. Now depending on how many firearms you have that may or may not be enough.

To elaborate a little more, I have 9mm, .45acp, 5.45, 5.56, 7.62x39, .308 and 7.62x54r totalling 7 diffrent calibers. I would like to have at LEAST 1,000 rounds for each. The way I am doing it is I am stocking up on 1,000 rounds of each first, then I will starting buying another 1,000 for each until either SHTF or I have thousands and thousands of rounds stocked up

Either way it's good to do because ammo prices keep going up so at least you'll save yourself money going to the range right.

Now it's also a problem if your on foot...carrying all that will not be very easy and you bet it'll be heavy....my plan if SHTF is to get in my vehicle and drive...drive all the way up north into the mountains....or drive as far as I possibly can. If I have to ditch my vehicle and comindere another or whatever, as long as I can get up north whatever it takes ya know.

I will have to pack about 4 duffle bags full to bring everything (including a water cantieen, chage of clothes, ammo, firearms, ect...) which I would not be able to carry myself.

Hopefully though I will be with a buddy and we can split the bags, also my 2 kids but their young, and his. His wife can carry 1 and if I have a signifigant other so can she.

Hopefully none of us will EVER see anything like this ever happen....but there is always that "what if."

Feedback Score

The way the world is now I predict that in the next 4 years we as a country will all need the use of our bug-out-bags.
    With this President and congress some one is going to try to piss in our pool while we are not looking.
    It may be nuclear, chemical, or biologic. But it will happen because we are looking like a bunch of wimpy ass fuckwads with all of our bowing and apologising for being the Greatest Country in the whole fucking world!
    Hope for the best but plan for the worst!
    Militia building should be the answer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It would be in everyone's interest to do some prep shopping this weekend.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

As opposed to NEXT weekend? SHTF that soon?

Something I need to know?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

John Bolton: Russia's Loading of Nuke Fuel Into Iran Plant Means Aug. 21 Deadline for Israeli Attack

It might be hard to shop next weekend if this lights up this coming week.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Default Good practice

I can't remember a time when the weather has been so extreme here in the Midwest. I have lost power no less then five times this summer, with softball size hail and tornado's both within miles from my home. The survival gear/camping gear has been raided for lighting, cooking, no power radio, and the ax. Each event has been after dark, and been a good time to talk to the kids about what should always be kept close. And cold beans suck, where a camp stove by candle light can be wonderful.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yes, sounds like I need to get two more cases of 9mm!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

zombies? is that the same is communist/change democratz??

damn zombies are hard to stop, they keep borrowing from china and giving away trinkets!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.