Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: where to go?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    If there is electricity (whether it is from the grid, solar, etc) but no internet a computer can still be useful. Just make sure to download what you want now. Put it on an external drive, dvd, etc. That way you can still access it without the internet and if you haven't printed stuff already,
    There's the exact reason my printer ran out of ink. All sorts of .mil manuals printed out and stapled together.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    There's the exact reason my printer ran out of ink. All sorts of .mil manuals printed out and stapled together.
    Like anything - I always try to keep extra ink and paper on hand. There are a lot of great manuals and books available online. Of course I hope for some of them that there will still be electricity. But it would be my luck to not have ....
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Yeah, after printing out a 250 page book I decided to stick with the shorter [50 page max] booklets. We got a generator for the well, but I wouldn't waste the energy/space in the car bringing the computer over to it [15 miles on questionable roads] for what little data is there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A many gigabyte capacity flash drive is cheap these days and takes up the space of a pack of chewing gum. Worse comes to worse, all your data is in your pocket for use on any computer you may have access to in the future.

Feedback Score

Where to go is a personal thing. You can hit the hills or you can hold ur ground. You live in the city, you can only hold till your over run. In the woods you can hide, or you can run when s**t gets to deep and start fresh. You need a destination point, and a secondary destination point. Be prepaired. Watch whats going around you. I would say the best thing you can do is rely on family. Work together to find the destination in advance before it happens. Keep it quiet. Keep ur options on the table. Work together and keep all desicions open. No matter how lame they are they might be the better ones to work with. Keep your options at work. You always need a back up plan for shtf. More great minds together as one work better when they are organized.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    Yeah, after printing out a 250 page book I decided to stick with the shorter [50 page max] booklets.
    Simply buying them might be cheaper. Watch half.com and the other used book sites.

Feedback Score

Just refilled the toner on my laser printer... Paper's cheap, and toner refill kits are cheap too. The photoconductor drum [I think that's the right part] on my printer isn't part of the toner cart., so I can refill it a lot of times before it wears out.

Still not gonna print out books, lol. Thanks for the tip on the book site though!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I really like that the days are getting shorter. In a couple more weeks, we can begin cooking outside late in the evening again without BOILING away in the heat. If the GRID drops, it will be much easier to live later on in this month.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

The best thing to do is be prepared to "dig in" right where your at. Roadblocks and checkpoints may hinder your bugging out to the hills, and if caught with guns and supplies, you may be shot as a looter. The best thing to do is stay off the streets, if you already live in the country, you just stay put, and be ready to defend yourself. A lot of people prepared for Y2K, and a lot of people prepared when Clinton was in office-for nothing! A lot of people will prepare for Y12. Do you really think the government has the logistics to control 300 million people? Once word gets out, it will be a big free-for-all, a giant New Orleans.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Once word gets out, it will be a big free-for-all, a giant New Orleans.
    Fun, fun... You may be able to stay put, but I know that I couldn't. I'd have to leave most of my stuff [not much useful stuff here anyways] and head north.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.