Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: where to go?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I grew up in the country. Don't expect them not to start shooting every unknown person on sight once an incident happens with drifting city folk. If you have a hunting lease, don't expect the owner to want you there living off the land. Having a plan to go somewhere else is fine if you can drive all the way there without getting off the interstate or other main roads and that includes not stopping for fuel. If you don't know your neighbors or they don't like you, don't expect access to your place in the country even if you own it. They will have blocked access to the area, and you won't be wanted.

Nationwide unrest in other countries has shown that governments abandon policing of the country side in favor of controlling population centers. This means that the likely free for all will not take place for very long in the cities, but would likely last longer out in the country. Don't think this fact will be lost on human predators. It would take open hostilities between the government and other parties to stretch that out.

The US government has enough oil in reserve to provide for US needs for 1 month or the US military for well over a year. They have vehicles designed for surviability on a nuclear/biological battlefield that can traverse enivronments that very few civilan offroad vehicles can, drones, thermal imaging and night vision, trillions of rounds of small arms ammunition, air assets that provide great mobility, and enough troops to systematically retake control of every population center in America regard less of how screwed up the infrastruture is. If that is no enough to deal with urban situations then the human race is done because little sh1thole countries can control urban centers with small arms and an untrained unmotivated military.

-yarro

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Where to go?

Hell in a hand basket, that's where.

My buddies and I have a plan, but it is good for 90 days max.

After that, we head out for one of three or four BLM areas......

Until we can find and purchase a suitable refuge site, that will have to do. In the interim, we just hope that anything that does happen will only be on the scale of Katrina.

That is the plan....Hope it works.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yarro View Post
    I grew up in the country. Don't expect them not to start shooting every unknown person on sight once an incident happens with drifting city folk. If you have a hunting lease, don't expect the owner to want you there living off the land. Having a plan to go somewhere else is fine if you can drive all the way there without getting off the interstate or other main roads and that includes not stopping for fuel. If you don't know your neighbors or they don't like you, don't expect access to your place in the country even if you own it. They will have blocked access to the area, and you won't be wanted.

Nationwide unrest in other countries has shown that governments abandon policing of the country side in favor of controlling population centers. This means that the likely free for all will not take place for very long in the cities, but would likely last longer out in the country. Don't think this fact will be lost on human predators. It would take open hostilities between the government and other parties to stretch that out.

The US government has enough oil in reserve to provide for US needs for 1 month or the US military for well over a year. They have vehicles designed for surviability on a nuclear/biological battlefield that can traverse enivronments that very few civilan offroad vehicles can, drones, thermal imaging and night vision, trillions of rounds of small arms ammunition, air assets that provide great mobility, and enough troops to systematically retake control of every population center in America regard less of how screwed up the infrastruture is. If that is no enough to deal with urban situations then the human race is done because little sh1thole countries can control urban centers with small arms and an untrained unmotivated military.

-yarro

Yarro,

I agree with parts of your statement, but I think you are overblowing the capabilities of the Military. In the 1980's, the Military could do a lot for two or three years. By the end of the 1990's, not so much. Now....maybe three months of combat operations without resupply. Such have been the realities of modern life post cold-war. Vehicle wise, the ones that were nuke-bio-chem rated are all gone. "Modern" Strykers, Bradleys, Hummers... Well, all of those kits stopped being maintained in 2004. I am not even sure that the Stryker kits ever got delivered. Abrams are pretty well wired up tight, and they get re-certified at rebuild. Maybe Brads get the same treatment....Not sure. In terms of an EMP scenario, I am not sure that we ever really had a good plan. The best plan I am aware of incorporated massive numbers of repair kits.....I wonder if those still exist on the shelves. Batteries? Dosimeters? Geiger Counters? Not to mention the much more rare and expensive Chem-Bio stuff.

Sorry, i do very greatly lament the decline in preparedness that I perceive in our country these days.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.