Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to get food stores in bulk

Feedback Score

Question Where to get food stores in bulk

Where can I buy food in bulk? Items like rice, beans, canned vegetables, flour, Mre's etc.
    Years ago you could get things from the cannery in Newport TN, Tomatoes from Canton, NC, peaches from SC, potatoes from Hendersonville NC, apples from Waynesville NC. Does anybody know if these places are still in business? Trying to build up a food stockpile and I just can't afford the expensive internet stores. I want to be sure I can eat when the economy goes south. Too late. Ok I want to get some food stored before a loaf of bread cost a days wages.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

you NEED to make your own super pails. it is the only way to go!! #10 cans have become priced rite out if sight.
    buckets can be found for free, OR I bought them from U-LINE with lids. metalized bags can be found all over. I got them from USA esentials.
    metalized bags can be got from BE-PREPAIRED .com, along with oxygen absorbers. I even nitrogen purged the bags with the oxygen absorbers too. a nitrogen cylinder was cheap to rent.
    Metalized bags, oxygen absorbers, nitrogen will keep very dry food for a LONG TIME!!!
    plastic buckets will protect the bags and are essential.
    now you need the product, HONEYVILL GRAIN is a great place to start looking for quantity at a good price.
    I suggest you use bags about 1 - 1, 1/2 gallon in size this way things will not spoil when you open them before you finish them.
    we have "bucketed" with friends on a saturday and made it fun, I have also bucketed by myself.
    I suggest you get your bucketing supplies togeather, then buy a sack of oatmeal, and a sack of rice. and see how it goes for you.
    any questions feel free to ask I will help any way I can.

FOOD IS GOOD QUALITY AND CHEAP rite now, this WILL NOT allways be the case!!!! take advantage of it. their is no limit of choises you can put in thies buckets.
    do a sack a week, start with essentials, then move on to nice things too they make life worth living.
    I opened a bag of honeyville brown sugar today I bucketed up a couple years ago. still fresh, soft, smells GREAT.
    anything freeze dried is great to bucket and will last for decades!!!
    we have found fruits, vegies, and meat all freeze dried and bucketed it.
    again after you have some life sustaining items, things like hunny, fruit, on and on, make life so much better that just and only rice.

sorry for rambeling , but I have done this for YEARS now.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

OK you got me intrested and I went to hunnyville , enough people are bucketing that they now sell buckets and oxygen absorbers too!!!
    I tell you a crap load of people are bucketing.
    if paper money is worthless that bucket of "old world, safe, good quality" food will look prety dam good!!! ever try eating a twenty..... the ink smells BAD
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Looks like everybody is seeing the writing on the wall.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel View Post
    ever try eating a twenty..... the ink smells BAD
    can't say that I have!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Where is Hunnyville? Where and what are the cost of the buckets and oxygen absorbers?

Feedback Score

I"m guessing few people visit this area of the site.

Feedback Score

I get a lot of my supplies from the same place that supplies the local restraunts. The one here is called "Cash and Carry". Ask your local greasy spoon where they get their groceries.

Another great source is the Mormons cannery. They store food as a daily routine. They don't seem to mind sharing their supplies with the rest of us. Get to know one of your local Mormons, great resource.

Costco/Sams club has a lot of stuff too - just make sure you price check.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Leadchunker View Post
    Where is Hunnyville? Where and what are the cost of the buckets and oxygen absorbers?
    Powdered Dried Whole Eggs - Freeze Dried Fruit - Blanched Almond Flour - Steel C - Home

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchvnv View Post
    I get a lot of my supplies from the same place that supplies the local restraunts. The one here is called "Cash and Carry". Ask your local greasy spoon where they get their groceries.

Another great source is the Mormons cannery. They store food as a daily routine. They don't seem to mind sharing their supplies with the rest of us. Get to know one of your local Mormons, great resource.

Costco/Sams club has a lot of stuff too - just make sure you price check.
    +1 on having mormon friends. Check out the LDS web site.
    Also +1 on costco/sams club
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.