Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you hide your BOV?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

NOT following you around coils, you just read the same stuff I do.
    MILITARY SURPLUS TRAILER M105A2 1.5 ton trailer - eBay (item 280595598677 end time Dec-04-10 08:45:20 PST)
    It's probably a good idea, the whole trailer thing.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Those are pretty good trailers, but size will mean fullsize 4wd to pull. Very heavy duty with a cargo bed already on it, and if they have the bows/canvas still with it is a big plus.
    Heck with the bows and canvas you wouldn't need a tent. Military stuff is as close to indestructable as posssible.
    Last edited by XSapper; 12-02-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score

Default Reply to "where? (to get a $500 BOT)

Keeping in mind BOT wasn't a typo...Bug Out Trailer...to be pulled by your BOV...I would look on ebay or some other online source for a 3/4 ton trailer. This of course is strictly a cargo trailer, not a "camper".
    Here is a 1 1/2 tontrailer with Pintle hitch and cover for $595.00
    1 1/2 Ton Trailers [212301] - $595.00 :: Colemans Military Surplus LLC - Your one-stop surplus store with Army/Navy products for hunting gear, camping gear, emergency products, and survival products

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the links.
    Those are some nice looking trailers for the price.
    jfryw8, I'll have to check that place out, it's only about 2 hours from me.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Can't you get a 4 point lift, like for a shop for a few thousand dollars? Amazing what rich people will buy.

Feedback Score

Why not have your stuff on a pallet, or something similar, ready to lift with a comealong or winch, into the bed of your truck or onto your trailer?

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

lift: it's just a fancier variant of the "parking lift", used by people who live in urban areas or inflicted with HOA parking rules.

trailer: I *like* that idea. And as a further variant, you could look at the "camping trailer" designs from the 1940s and 1950s. These were designed to track in the same width as the car, so they wouldn't hunt when going down rutted dirt roads to camp sites, and they were no taller than the trunk lid, so as not to obstruct rearward view. Most cars didn't have side mirrors then. They had slide-outs for cooking arrangements, and you either crawled inside to sleep or stored a tent inside.

Nowadays those trailers are basically nonexistent, replaced by the Coleman and Apache "pop-up" designs. They're a lot more convenient, but heavier than the old type and without as much storage.

I'd never thought of a trailer for a BOV, but it makes a heck of a lot of sense. And cheaper, too.

I couldn't find a picture of the kind of trailer I'm talking about, but the "teardrop" was a larger variant. The basic difference was that a teardrop was taller, with room to sit up inside, while the old style required you to crawl in; it assumed you were primarily going to sleep in a separate tent which it carried inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you hide your BOV?-cozy-cruiser-teardrop-trailer-exterior-open.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.