Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you hide your BOV?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default How do you hide your BOV?

The Cardok garage is an interesting parking solution that is starting to be seen around more affluent London locales. The owner’s car is raised and lowered by means of a hydraulic lift. At present there are eight in action around London, four under construction and another ten that have been ordered, which is no small feat as the price for the single model is $61,181 and if you want an over and under double it will be $72,816.

http://weinterrupt.com/2009/03/pop-up-garage-stows-your-car-safely-underground/

Black Blade: An expensiveway to maximize your space but could be worth it under the right circumstances.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I keep an old Toyota 1983 Tercel wagon in the drive way. It may be the only thing which will start after an EMP?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i know of some folks that built things like that. didn't cost no $60K either.

who knows what they stored in there though--LOL!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i know of some folks that built things like that. didn't cost no $60K either.

who knows what they stored in there though--LOL!
    Would be nice to have insided the garage I woundn't store a car thats for sure

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'd like one of those for my guns and ammo.
    Of course I'd have camo-netting over the lid.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Be a good ideal for a trailer loaded with bug out supplies. Seen a similiar system for garages but didn't have a concrete pad on top, but it cost a whole lot less.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score

I don't know why more people don't see the sense in a bug out trailer. 100% of the space can be dedicated to supplies, ready to go at all times (can you do this with your BOV?) Keep certain essentials handy to load into your BOV. Heavy supplies can be towed by a 4x4 vehicle that can otherwise be doing double duty as a regular non-BOV. How many of really can really keep a vehicle like a Suburban set aside as a BOV? And if you use your BOV as a daily vehicle it's not ready to go, is it? How much water, MREs, fuel, shelter, arms, medical supplies, other survival needs do you have packed and ready to go in 10-15 minutes? How about a $500 military surplus BOT with 1500# and 150 cubic foot capacities sound? How much comfort/safety/mobilty does an RV have compared to an expedition tent and good backpacks and sleeping bags if the roads are fubar or you are out of fuel? Personally I'd rather have an old Jeep or Suburban and a ready to go bug out trailer with camping/survival supplies, sturdy wheels/tires and a Pintle hook hitch than an RV any day...and see you later alligator.

Feedback Score

Lets hope he has a back up generator or he will be up creek with out a paddle. It would be a heck of a job with a hand crank if you had a two for.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jfryw8 View Post
    I don't know why more people don't see the sense in a bug out trailer. 100% of the space can be dedicated to supplies, ready to go at all times (can you do this with your BOV?) Keep certain essentials handy to load into your BOV. Heavy supplies can be towed by a 4x4 vehicle that can otherwise be doing double duty as a regular non-BOV. How many of really can really keep a vehicle like a Suburban set aside as a BOV? And if you use your BOV as a daily vehicle it's not ready to go, is it? How much water, MREs, fuel, shelter, arms, medical supplies, other survival needs do you have packed and ready to go in 10-15 minutes? How about a $500 military surplus BOT with 1500# and 150 cubic foot capacities sound? How much comfort/safety/mobilty does an RV have compared to an expedition tent and good backpacks and sleeping bags if the roads are fubar or you are out of fuel? Personally I'd rather have an old Jeep or Suburban and a ready to go bug out trailer with camping/survival supplies, sturdy wheels/tires and a Pintle hook hitch than an RV any day...and see you later alligator.
    Had an old Jeep truck for a BOV/ recreation vehicle, but it was hard on gas. It got so I hardly ever drove it and didn't see the need for tag/tax and insurance cost so I got rid of it. Besides when one sits most of the time you end up working on it to use it every time.
    I drive a Jeep Wrangler daily and when my son started Cub Scouts I wanted a way to have gear ready for campouts. So I got a small trailer that I could keep loaded with most of the stuff and not take up to much space in the garage. Now I want to get one big enough to keep gear for five on.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

How about a $500 military surplus BOT
    Where?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.