Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks about wierd sh1t?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Roger that.I need to drop 40 lbs to.If I get out and walk 20 minutes a day,I might lose the weight and get that vitimin D.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Start out walking whatever you can. Four years ago I was so out of shape that a stroll around the block had me winded.

Now, I walk over four miles/hour. Forced march kind of walk. I don't jog, that's hard on the joints. Dropped from 260 to 205 pounds. I'm 5'10" so still overweight but have hit my second wall (first was at 225). I'll lose it, eventually.

Next is a backpack. I'll start with 10 pounds and work it up until I'm doing 4 mph with 50-60.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's the weird sh1t I was talking about. "How's my body?". "Are my tires good or are they on the edge?". Everyone on any forum discussing "survival" is always about firearms, food and water. I bet it's the odd stuff that snuffs out the light for most people.
    Primitave skills, the bow drill. Whoever mentioned that needs to stop. I've made a fire with a bow drill and it taught me a lesson: never be without a better way to make a fire. I bet in an emergency situation a bow drill would kill you. It took 10 big fat cheeseburgers worth of energy to make a fire with that "holy grail" of firecraft. Get some ferro rods and keep 'em everywhere. They are a good backup for bic lighters.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Side note. When the time comes for some keyboard lubricant, get some of these. Probably one of the best ales I've had in a long time and they kick like an MMA fighter.

Duvel

I WOULD NOT steer you wrong about beer.
    A little pricey but worth it.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Good post..

Very interesting. Not weird at all. Living down here in hurricane alley. We go through survival mode on any given year.
    One storm, some years back, took out all our power grids.
    Too the power companies credit. They, along with outside companies. Had to, with just cause. Restore hospital and emergency services power first. Triage.
    Our small community went 12 days without power.
    Living in the swamp here we had a lot of locals that dont read survival forums. They just take living off the land for granted.
    Too them, it just meant they could not turn the lights on.
    We all worked together till help could arrive. Ate and drank fine.
    I like this survival forum.
    Pretty sure us people out here in the swamps and countryside, could survive for quite a while.
    Problem would be people fleeing the cities, who do not even know how too start a fire.
    I guess you could say were already mostly prepared, if people leave us alone.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Last couple of times, EVERYBODY fled the city here except us. We had the whole end of this community to ourselves. Got to eat and drink well plus sleep in a nice dry warm bed. Bugging in ain't bad. Like said above, "THEY JUST HAVE TO LEAVE US ALONE"!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Problem would be people fleeing the cities, who do not even know how too start a fire.
    Hey, the 'Gators gotta eat too.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Hey, the 'Gators gotta eat too.
    About a 10 footer, had a good sized black bear in its mouth, swimming into our inlet.
    Guys pulled up too it in their boat. Happy meal. One happy gator.
    Good thing about the gators. Nothing goes too waste.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    Last couple of times, EVERYBODY fled the city here except us. We had the whole end of this community to ourselves. Got to eat and drink well plus sleep in a nice dry warm bed. Bugging in ain't bad. Like said above, "THEY JUST HAVE TO LEAVE US ALONE"!
    I've been through hurricanes in Houston and Fourchon when I wasn't sure if the building was going to survive and/or stay above water. Ya'll can bug-in if you want; I won't hesitate to evacuate prior to a major foreseeable emergency of any kind.
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout... R.A. Heinlein

Feedback Score

Turn the TV on and look. The world is weird shit. We tune in here for a normal view.

Semper Paratus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.