Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free Survival Downloads

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Free Survival Downloads

Found this site with various subjects for downloads (books, articles, etc.)

Free Downloads

I haven't gone through everything and some are not updated, but still lotsa info.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

BB,
    Makes me wonder if the infedels (like us) are welcome there; or do we get spanked by the mods for speaking the truth about guns.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Boatload of good info in one place. Thanks!
    Damn Yankees!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I downloaded every one of those onto a flash drive, put it in two ziplock bags and stuffed it in my backpack. There is some good stuff in there, worth one ounces of weight and two more ziplock bags. EVERYTHING gets a ziplock, those things are great to have when you want to save a liver and a heart but don't want to just drop 'em in your pocket. I put ziplock bags into a ziplock bag.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

There is some good stuff here. Thanks Black Blade.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I downloaded every one of those onto a flash drive, put it in two ziplock bags and stuffed it in my backpack
    What ya gonna read it on?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    What ya gonna read it on?
    That was my thought exactly...

Hate to say it but paper is the only really viable medium for these materials.

Think it through. You may be able to read them during "Day 1". What happens if there is no more power and you are now ready to plant your seeds (you DO have seeds, right). You going to run your generator with the VERY PRECIOUS fuel you may have to fire up your laptop?!? Oh yeah, you going to be carrying your laptop? Sure, I wish that made sense - I have a library full on mine. I don't think that it does make sense to rely on the ability to leverage electronic assets in any sort of scenario where I really need the reference.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

You need to learn it. If every one learned and became proficient in the areas that interested them, the nation would be much better off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you're in a vehicle or fixed location, a laptop is a viable option. Recharging the battery can be done whenever the vehicle is run, a generator is used for other purposes, or better yet a small solar panel. Even if you're on foot, a thumb drive is about equivalent to a pack of gum, size and weight wise. Tossing one in your kit for possible future use is no great hardship. In the meantime before SHTF you can study the material.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

But a laptop is not an option in an EMP situation. If you are going to be prepared for all circumstances, then paper is your best bet. And not just any paper - you'll want to get 100% cotton rag acid-free paper. Normal copy paper has acid that will cause the print to face and the paper itself to fall apart.

You can print and bind your own books - look it up; it's easy. I've done a bunch of home book-binding. Keeps things a lot neater than loose-leaf notebooks.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.