Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: paperwork scanned

jrs
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Fujitsu Scansnap

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post

As for scanning documents - I am looking into a fujitsu scansnap 1500 duplex scanner. I figure it would get many piles of my paperwork reduced and it will scan legal size too.

Does anyone have any experiences with the scansnap scanners?
    l've put these into a large accounting firm and they love them. They are quick and give good resolution (not as good as a photo scanner would), come with the ABBY OCR software. If you're scanning non-standard sized pieces of paper; i.e. cash register receipts, they have sheet covers that allow them to be fed as full size.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    l've put these into a large accounting firm and they love them. They are quick and give good resolution (not as good as a photo scanner would), come with the ABBY OCR software. If you're scanning non-standard sized pieces of paper; i.e. cash register receipts, they have sheet covers that allow them to be fed as full size.
    Is the resolution about photo copy quality, or is it better? Also, IIRC about what I've read, doesn't it also come with Adobe Standard as well as the ABBY?

Only thing stopping me right now is the $400 cost. But it would be nice to have my office and paper storage better organized.

Is there any other duplex scanners that you would recommend, or should I just bite the bullet and buy the scansnap?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I had a file folder full of 8-1/2x14 legal size documents. Rather than scan them in into top and bottom files, I took them to the local Kwik-Kopy, which scanned them on their big flatbed for $6.57.

That took care of the deed registration for the house, title insurance forms, marriage certificate and other miscellaneous legal-size papers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

CDs and DVDs are not a good method of backing up data, they suffer from what some people refer to as "Disc Rot", where the media will start to get holes in the protective layer. If you have any really old music CDs, you may have noticed it, hold them up to the light you may see some holes forming. I had 20-30 CDs containing old back-ups from around 2000, about 50% of them had signs of CD rot.

Here's an article on it: USATODAY.com - CDs and DVDs not so immortal after all

The best storage medium for important documents is hard copy or non-volatile memory, like flash drives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.