Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody try swamp cabbage..

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

4th, DON'T DO IT!!! don't hurt that poor little defenseless palm tree, I will send you a pepperoni pizza!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Well

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    4th, DON'T DO IT!!! don't hurt that poor little defenseless palm tree, I will send you a pepperoni pizza!
    Their really not all defenseless. For some reason, our huge diamond backs like too hang in and near them. Also our pygmy rattlers which scare me more than the damn diamond backs, cause you cant hear them rattle.
    Then we have the coral snakes, which have the venom of a cobra. But they have too chew too inject the venom.
    I am going too take the pictures and give my buddy a case of beer too do the cutting.
    Some animal killed something in the swamp across from my house the other day. Sounded like a horror movie. Never heard such screaming.
    Maybe I will get two cases of beer and send two guys out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody try swamp cabbage..-snake-001.jpg  

Anybody try swamp cabbage..-snake-005.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

snakes = fish, yum yum, I ate these thing when I was young and live in Asian, my mom work at restaurant , snakes was only thing on menu , if you cut the snakes off , don't play with it, it will still bite you

as for swamp cabbage, I think I ate something close to it, not too bad

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
    as for swamp cabbage, I think I ate something close to it, not too bad
    Kim Chee

As for what you ate in that restuarant.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody try swamp cabbage..-cat.jpg  

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Poor Bluejack..

You guys are cruel.. I knew that was comin.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I love good Kim Chee, especially if it is not too sour, need to buy it at mamasan and popasan type store though as the commerical bottled stuff stinks
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Very nutritious and grows down in the south east like a weed. Kind of on the expensive side in the restaurants down here.
    Every local event down here has pots of swamp cabbage cooking.
    Called swamp cabbage, but tastes nothing like the standard cabbage plant.
    I will try too do a picture series on how too cut and prepare it.
    One average size plant can provide a family of four, all the veggiies they need for a week.
    Looking forward to that, I am out on the Left Coast so it does not grow here "au natural" but I had me this nutball Cajun friend who used to serve it all the time. Salads, soups, sides.....I never really developed a taste for the stuff, but it really was not bad. I think if I had it now, I might like it a lot better.

Please concentrate on the prep for eating as well. I have found that some of the techniques used for one kind of plant can work for others too. I understand that some kinds of yucca are edible, but require special prep to ensure you don't end up pissing blood.

Anyway, Please do post soon.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Yes will do..

Incredible good taste and very expensive appetizer in restaurants down here.
    I will make a note and hit it tomorrow.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Very nutritious and grows down in the south east like a weed. Kind of on the expensive side in the restaurants down here.
    Every local event down here has pots of swamp cabbage cooking.
    Called swamp cabbage, but tastes nothing like the standard cabbage plant.
    I will try too do a picture series on how too cut and prepare it.
    One average size plant can provide a family of four, all the veggiies they need for a week.
    I've had hearts of palm before, and really like it...but had always bought it as a side in a restaurant. I live in SC, so look forward to your instruction and photos on how to harvest, and prepare it, yourself.

Regards,

Swampbilly

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Yes. Got too get my old lazy ass across the street too the swamp and chop one for you guys.
    Been fishing and my boat gave out on me. Turned out too be the fuel line. Just a tiny pin hole shut the boat down.
    Bass are hitting like crazy down here. Speckled perch "crappie" hitting fairly good. Their getting close to going too bedding.
    Light tackle for the crappie. My neighbor had a bass hit his crappie rig, watched his line go a full hundred yards and snap.
    According to him it was a world record.
    Some fishermen are liars, except for me and him and I aint to sure about him.
    I will get that swamp cabbge done. "Git er done."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.