Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Empty Store Shelves Coming to America

Feedback Score

We don't have any wonderful stores like that in NC. If I want prep food I have to use Sams or Costco. They don't stock any emergency items here.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Leadchunker - is there an LDS pantry near by? You could see if they let non members go (assuming you're not LDS, I'm not...)(some LDS pantries allow non members to go - others don't) and then you could buy and can various storage items. Also the LDS have a website to order some items from (like canned wheat, etc).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

There is an LDS cannery in Greensgoro. I will be making a trip there very soon. I just checked mountain house and they are sold out of every #10 can item they make due the large demand countrywide. It seems something is going on that I don't know about. Perhaps the food shortage is already upon us.

Feedback Score

For bulk wheat etc. check out this site. I bake a lot and have used their products, it is high quality and a good price. Wheat Montana ~ Dealer Locator
    This will take you to the dealers in Missouri, but as you can see, select your state and it will be displayed.
    50 lb. whole wheat 23$ and change here.

I was a cook in the Coast Guard for years,we would be out on drug patrols for 1-2 months at a time. My specialty was fresh baked breads, and my fried chicken.The cook is the key to the crew's moral. A well fed crew is a happy one. Had to share this recipe:

Semper Paratus
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mija; 01-13-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Had to add recipe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Extreme Weather Events Spark Fear of Global Food Crisis

Extreme Weather Events Spark Fear of Global Food Crisis

Jan 15, 2011; 12:06 PM ET

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/44427/extreme-weather-events-spark-f.asp

A series of extreme weather events around the world have caused food production failures sparking fear of a global food crisis.

The U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization was forced to have emergency meetings to evaluate the growing food concerns. They blame extreme weather as one of the major factors for shortages, and that urgent action is necessary.

Extreme weather has affected the global food shortages on various levels. Since July 2010, prices on basic staples wheat, corn, soybeans and rice have reached record highs.

History-making heat waves and droughts devastated Russia's wheat crops, destroying the harvest. One-third of the Russian buckwheat harvest has been lost.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Extreme Weather Events Spark Fear of Global Food Crisis

Jan 15, 2011; 12:06 PM ET

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/44427/extreme-weather-events-spark-f.asp

A series of extreme weather events around the world have caused food production failures sparking fear of a global food crisis.
    The U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization was forced to have emergency meetings to evaluate the growing food concerns. They blame extreme weather as one of the major factors for shortages, and that urgent action is necessary.
    Extreme weather has affected the global food shortages on various levels. Since July 2010, prices on basic staples wheat, corn, soybeans and rice have reached record highs.
    History-making heat waves and droughts devastated Russia's wheat crops, destroying the harvest. One-third of the Russian buckwheat harvest has been lost.
    All while US farmers are paid not to plant crops!!! And black "farmers" are paid reparations!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    All while US farmers are paid not to plant crops!!! And black "farmers" are paid reparations!
    Really? Black farmers are being paid reparations? Since when?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yeap, this is for real!

M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Really? Black farmers are being paid reparations? Since when?
    That would be the Claims Resolution Act of 2010- Pigford II. 50,000 then 75,000 then 92,000 black farmers. One of them even said if a ni-black even owned a plant they could file. Hell, some in the ghetto filed! The black bitch in charge got her family a few million? OH-and Eric Holder says it's only right-that should tell you right away what's going on. Michael Savage had all the dirt on these scum!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leadchunker View Post
    We don't have any wonderful stores like that in NC. If I want prep food I have to use Sams or Costco. They don't stock any emergency items here.
    Sams and Costco both sell food preps! Sams has some really good prices too! If your storefront doesn't have the freezed dried or other other stuff go online. You can have it shipped to your local store or to your house from both Sam's & Costco. Costco used to carry a bunch of #10 cans, but now it is mostly just single serving packages... but Sams has a whole line.

Search Results

Costco - Grocery & Floral - Gourmet Prepared Entrees

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.