Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Empty Store Shelves Coming to America

Feedback Score

It seems the empty shelves situation has hit Egypt. The stores are running out of food and the resupply is not happening due to the unrest/revolution.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Really? Black farmers are being paid reparations? Since when?
    "More than 13,000 farmers able to provide proof of their claims of discrimination were awarded $50,000 each and given debt relief in a package worth more than $1 billion"
    Black farmers win $1.25 billion in discrimination suit | Reuters

The Dems are about too give them another 1.25 billion of your tax $$$$.
    Its easy. Just tell them you lived in Harlem. You raised some carrots or whatever. Nobody would buy them because you were black at the time, now you have turned white like Michale Jackson. Whatever. Get your claim in early, before the monies be gone.
    Call King Shabazz if you have any problems. His operators are standing by.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leadchunker View Post
    It seems the empty shelves situation has hit Egypt. The stores are running out of food and the resupply is not happening due to the unrest/revolution.
    Uh oh.. That aint good.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    "More than 13,000 farmers able to provide proof of their claims of discrimination were awarded $50,000 each and given debt relief in a package worth more than $1 billion"
    Black farmers win $1.25 billion in discrimination suit | Reuters

The Dems are about too give them another 1.25 billion of your tax $$$$.
    Its easy. Just tell them you lived in Harlem. You raised some carrots or whatever. Nobody would buy them because you were black at the time, now you have turned white like Michale Jackson. Whatever. Get your claim in early, before the monies be gone.
    Call King Shabazz if you have any problems. His operators are standing by.
    Are you friken kidding me??? When will this kind of BS end!!!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    Are you friken kidding me??? When will this kind of BS end!!!
    When we clean the trash out of the White House!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

U.S. crop boom not enough to rebuild thin supplies

ARLINGTON, Virginia (Reuters) Huge U.S. corn and soybean plantings this spring will likely fail to refill razor-thin stocks enough to quell the surge in grain prices, the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Thursday.

In updated forecasts for the world's biggest crop exporter, the USDA warned that it could take several years to restore inventories to comfortable levels. It mostly maintained earlier forecasts on how many acres farmers would sow this spring, but said stocks at the end of the 2012 season would remain tight.

The U.S. government's forecasts are likely to fuel more concern globally that high prices could persist far longer than they did in 2008 when they hit record highs as supplies remain too thin to cope with any further weather disasters.

"While it is often said the cure for high prices is high prices, even with additional supplies expected this year, it is likely that the tight stocks-to-use situation will not be entirely mitigated over the course of one or even two growing seasons," USDA Chief Economist Joseph Glauber told the department's annual outlook conference on Thursday.

The planting forecasts were unchanged from the department's projections made earlier this month, when it projected 92 million acres of corn -- the second largest since 1944 -- and 78 million acres of soybeans, a record. Analysts had expected the agency to trim both forecasts marginally.

LITTLE CUSHION IN US END STOCKS

The greater surprise was in projections for tight ending stockpiles for 2011/12. While both corn and soybean ending stocks will be higher than this year's levels -- with corn forecast to be the smallest since 1996 and soybeans amounting to a few week's supply -- they suggest very little cushion for unexpected shortfalls.

"It should be bullish all around even though the USDA stuck to their higher estimates than I probably would have done," said Jack Scoville, analyst for Price Futures Group.

"It seems to me they're implying some very strong demand here because the ending stocks estimates remain pretty tight, really across the board," he added.

USDA said 2012 corn ending stocks would rise by 28 percent to a still-thin 865 million bushels, and soybeans stocks by 14 percent to 160 million bushels.

But USDA cut its outlook from a forecast made earlier this month for corn stocks by 23 percent and soybeans by 16 percent for 2012.

Contributing to the slim stocks will be soaring exports, which are expected to rise $9 billion this year to a record $135.5 billion.

"Today there are 7 billion mouths to feed and many of them depend on American agriculture," Debbie Stabenow, chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, told the USDA's annual outlook conference.

China will become America's top export market, surpassing Canada. China is seen importing 60 percent of the world's soybeans and 40 percent of its cotton this year.

Continued: U.S. crop boom not enough to rebuild thin supplies - Yahoo! News

Black Blade: Thin supplies of grains means likely higher prices and possible shortages.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Well put your seat belts on guys.

Looks like their is going too be plenty of food. Your just going too need a truck too carry the cash too the store too buy it.
    I do not watch the news much. But virtually every analyst is predicating $5 plus gas, at a minimum, this summer.
    This should put diesel well over $6. Or higher.
    All transportation costs, for commodities, will have to be passed on too the consumer. Up will go everything we purchase, or have delivered.
    America better get too pumping oil with this unrest in the Middle East.
    I dont think the people taking over like us too much.
    So the problem may not be lack of food on the shelves. It is going too be, how the hell do we pay for it.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    So the problem may not be lack of food on the shelves. It is going too be, how the hell do we pay for it.
    I bet politicians taste just like pork.

Feedback Score

Montana Wheat can be found at WalMart. Even my store has it. By the time you consider freight it is cheaper.

I prefer to buy in the bag for less then place in Mylar with O2 absorber myself. I get 5 gallon buckets for free and the bags are reasonable. Of course, they can be reused more than once.

Even though food prices are going up like crazy, they are still cheap relative to the not too distant future. IMHO it is time to stock up, even if it hurts financialy. I know I am!!

Feedback Score

If you haven't been stocking up on food it's not too late to start.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.