Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Empty Store Shelves Coming to America

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Empty Store Shelves Coming to America

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Food Storage

Upper Shelves

Lower Shelves

Freeze-dried food, stored water and Berkey water filtration units with spare filters.

Buying cases of canned goods and rotate as used.

I try to keep a minimum 5-year to 10-year supply of food on hand. I have relatives that do the same and they also keep sealed buckets of dried wheat, rice and corn. I have been off work for as long as two years at a time and lived off my food storage which really helped.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There are a number of places to get food in quantity for storage.In my part of the world:

I traveled to Idaho and found the mindset clearly focussed on preparation and survival. In fact I went to a couple of "Preparedness" stores and saw that even Walmart is in on the action.

I found a "Preparedness Center" at the local Walmart.It may be because of the fairly large LDS (Mormon) population in the area, however, it is interesting since "Preppers" and "Survivalists" outside the Rocky Mountain states probably don't see this in the Walmart stores in their areas. There are buckets of grains, canned goods, freeze-dried food items and blue water drums. Walmart isn't the only store I visited in my quest to stock up.

I stopped into the local "Army Surplus" store and it was like a kid in a candy store. So much I wanted but focussed mostly on my prep needs.

More Meals Ready to Eat (MRE) were on display as were the blue water drums. I bought six 55-gallon drums for one of my alternative E&E sites. I passed on the MREs as I personally prefer the freeze-dried foods with the indefinite shelf life. Next I went to Home Depot and got some shelve units that I set up and started to load with food and survival gear.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Interesting video.. When I lived in the more populated A.O.s down here in Florida. That looked like the panic buying when a hurricane is coming.
    Down in the swamp here. We have springs pumping millions and millions of gallons of fresh water out daily.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Interesting video.. When I lived in the more populated A.O.s down here in Florida. That looked like the panic buying when a hurricane is coming.
    Down in the swamp here. We have springs pumping millions and millions of gallons of fresh water out daily.
    The panic buying happened in Montgomery, AL as well when a hurricane was set to hit the gulf coast.

And those springs where you live are beautiful. Maybe next time we can go to Silver springs on a holiday weekend.

Having prepes at home is very important. Black Blade - thanks for sharing the pics - it gives me an even larger goal to strive for.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Thought provoking post Black Blade. I have found quality affordable food grade storage containers at my local Chinese buffet. Ok, hold on and I will explain. Kikoman ships soy sauce in heavy, quality poly buckets, (six gallon) with a screw on lid with a gasket. These are food grade poly containers that are cheap. I get them for one dollar each, I get 5-10 at a time. The manager is glad to get rid of them and make a buck. I now have over 20 of them stored with corn, rice, oats, beans, etc. The buckets are not stained, no odor etc. I think the soy sauce in in a heavy sealed plastic bag in the bucket. This may not suite everyone but I have found nothing else with this quality and low price.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mija; 01-13-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Add info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Not to discount the importance of preparedness, I would use any information from inflation.us (National Inflation Association) with the following info:

the guy behind it is known for pump-and-dump stock schemes (penny stock price manipulation)...

Also, it's possible there are groups out there trying to drive up gold & silver prices, with the intention of driving them back down (after they invest in "short" futures, or otherwise positioning themselves to profit from manipulation of the price)

anytime you can get any investors to panic, there's money to be made (or lost)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Good tip thank you. That is exactly how the Kennedy family made their fortune, along with running scotch, back in the 30s.
    Oh Rockefeller and all the big boys jumped on the bandwagon. Only on a much larger scale. Big bucks not penny stocks. Run a stock up, then dump the worthless paper when people bought.
    During tougher economic times, such as now. People become desperate.
    Desperate people do desperate things. Animals feed on their desperation.
    If it sounds too good too be true.
    This Country is in bad shape. Bad.. Can it be saved. Well yes. With the rite leader.
    Someone who will risk their life standing up too the Federal Reserve.
    When you or me are at the survival store. Look too your right and left, the guy standing next too you, may just be worth a fortune.
    They did not get rich by being stupid. They be building bunkers, just like us PO folks.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Good tip thank you. That is exactly how the Kennedy family made their fortune, along with running scotch, back in the 30s.
    Oh Rockefeller and all the big boys jumped on the bandwagon. Only on a much larger scale. Big bucks not penny stocks. Run a stock up, then dump the worthless paper when people bought.
    During tougher economic times, such as now. People become desperate.
    Desperate people do desperate things. Animals feed on their desperation.
    If it sounds too good too be true.
    This Country is in bad shape. Bad.. Can it be saved. Well yes. With the rite leader.
    Someone who will risk their life standing up too the Federal Reserve.
    When you or me are at the survival store. Look too your right and left, the guy standing next too you, may just be worth a fortune.
    They did not get rich by being stupid. They be building bunkers, just like us PO folks.

Black Blade: Just like the bankers as well. Not to mention that it is entirely legal for members of Congress and their staffs to engage in insider trading. This is part of "Congressional Priviledge" which is illegal for us peons. We are not the "priviledged class" so we would get prison time. Those are the people who run the economy (and the country) which is why it is ever more imperative to "be prepared".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

EVERYBODY BETTER BE PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS!!!

THIS IS FOR REAL!

STOCK US AS WELL AS YOU CAN NOW!
    M U S I B I K E

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.