Thread: B.O.B. and reveiw of 5.11's bail out bag

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default B.O.B. and reveiw of 5.11's bail out bag

I know there is a product reveiw section but i thought this would be a better place to talk about Bug out Bags.

My wife got me the 5.11 bail out bag for christmas Bail Out Bag | All Hazards | 5.11 Tactical , and I thought I would share my thought on it.

The bag itself is very well made, I think my wife got it on sale for around $50. It carries well and is not that much of a pain to carry (like other bag that I have tryed). It is on the smaller side but does every thing I want it to. The mag pouches hold 6 AR-mags, or AK mags (ak mags are very tight). The main strap is well thought out, and has a velcro strap that goes around your belt so the bag dosn't flop around. I have been very happy with the bag.

Now a little on what I plan to use it for. I have been thinking insted of one overly large bug out bag I would use a few smaller ones. this way I could move around a little easier. I will use a standard size back pack with the 5.11 bail out bag to carry most of what I would need. In the back pack I can fit 5 days of food, my SBR AR, some water, camping supplys, and blankets.

In the bail out bag I have 6 AR mags first aid kit, 550 cord, a survival kit (lots of things I have used before) fire, emergency radio, power bars, water tabs, gerber multi-tool knife 50 rnds of .40sw, two extra usp mags (full), compass, head lamp, flashlight, tape, CLP, cleaning kit, GPS, maps, paper pens copys of passports, extra batt. Remember this is not every thing I will have just the thing I will want to keep close by.

Most my gear will be pack ready to be put into my truck. The bags are more for plan Z (when plans a-u go to shit)

What do you guys plan to use for your gear ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B.O.B. and reveiw of 5.11's bail out bag-img_0816.jpg  

B.O.B. and reveiw of 5.11's bail out bag-img_0814.jpg  

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My BOB is a SOC backpack i bought back in '02 on my way home from LAFB for the last time. I think i paid $50 at the BX for it ?

Nice comfy shoulder pads and a kidney belt and built in "frame" to help with the heavy loads. Also has a pocket for a hydration bladder. Molle webbing on the front and d-rings all over to hook stuff to.

Mine is a little different from the current design from what i gather from the pictures, but the only real difference i see is that the new ones don't have the mesh "blackout" pocket for your name tapes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like that you included an American flag

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

That is nice. Well thought out. Yes. An American Flag.
    I should put one together. Living here in hurricane alley and in the middle of a million acres of National and State forest, I may just need one.
    Forest fires are our biggest worry. We need rain bad.
    I guess a bug out bag needs too be set up according too your A.O.. also.
    Last hurricane I rode it out. Our highways became so jammed, nobody was moving.
    So if I plan one. It would be a get out of the vehicle, set up camp type bag.
    But good job on that. Well thought out.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Funny the flag was just a after thought. I figured it might comfort me if things get too bad. I'm working on repacking and adding a few things to my bigger bag Ill post some pic's as soon as I get it all sorted out

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

We have several bags on a large shelf by the front door. One has my spare CPAP machine, a couple of extension cords, and a DC/AC power convertor. (there's a ziplock with other meds in the refrigerator)

One "overnight bag" for each of us - socks, underwear, clean shirt, toothbrush and paste, slippers, etc. They get used a couple of times a year, when we spend the night somewhere else.

One bag with a pistol, a couple of spare magazines, some money, spare credit cards, a CD and a USB key containing digitized documents (insurance papers, copies of titles and deeds, a few medical records, etc.).

One bag for some canned food. I need to expand the supply a bit.

Our tap water has the chlorine content of a public pool, so I drink (cheap) bottled water. The water gets stored in the shelf, since the cases are heavy and neither one of us wants to lug them further into the house. I figure I can toss a case into the car if needed.

Both of us are just shy of disabled, so all of our plans involve motorized transportation if we leave the house. Our basic plan is to stay indoors and ride out whatever happens; the main "go" scenario involves "a tornado is here."

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.