Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart CEO - Serious Inflation Ahead

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Walmart CEO - Serious Inflation Ahead

Walmart CEO - Serious Inflation Ahead

U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday.

The world's largest retailer is working with suppliers to minimize the effect of cost increases and believes its low-cost business model will position it better than its competitors.

Still, inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

Continued: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm?csp=hf

Black Blade: Another reason to have a multi-year storage of nonperishable foods and basic necessities. This is why we also have precious metals as "portfolio insurance" against the ravages of inflation and of course why we are debt-free. We also keep other hard assets such as means to defend our selves and to procure food (ammo and firearms). I have been acquiring some rural raw land as well.

Be aware and prepare: http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousmetals.yuku.com/topic/4882/Survive-and-thrive
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why Your Grocery Bag May Feel Lighter

Snippit:

Your grocery bill may not seem higher, but you may notice your bags getting lighter to carry. And itís not just your imagination.

Companies are selling food products in smaller and smaller packages in an attempt to hide price increases, as increases are predicted for raw materials in late summer, according to a report in the New York Times. This means youíll pay the same price for your bag of chips or box of pasta as you did last month, but there is less food in the package.

According to the Times, some of the companies using this strategy include Chicken of the Sea, which has five ounces of tuna instead of six; Doritos, Tostitos and Fritos, which have 20% less chips than they did in 2009; and Nabisco Premium Saltines and Honey Maid graham crackers which have 15% less crackers than their standard boxes in new "Fresh Stacks" packaging.

And also expect to feel more squeezing when buying your orange juice.

Continued: Why Your Grocery Bag May Feel Lighter - FoxBusiness.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/bu...QRGZ0J9pMxtiLA

Black Blade: Stores are trying to be sneaky to hide price increases. Even the US Government is involved by massaging the CPI/PPI inflation data using various bogus filters like "hedonics", "seasonality", "imputed income", etc. It all adds up to the same thing - they claim there's no inflation but they simply don't count the "unimportant" expenses like food and energy. It's a big shell game designed to decieve the American people. How long can they contain it? Who knows. Not much longer I suspect because commodity prices are starting to break out higher.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I agree, it will be impossible to contain for much longer unless some serious measures are taken.
    Those measures are being taken very seriously by the non-elected bankers and responded to with a jackboot in the teeth, as can be seen in the outcome of Bernard von Nothaus' recent trial. (google that one)
    The coming collapse is intentionally engineered. We should consider preparing ourselves so that it has minimal effect on our families, the fabric of our nation.
    I logged onto my account recently to check the status of a food order that I had purchased from one of the distributors, the prices had increaded by 20% overnight!
    For those who were freaking out during the obammination ammo/primer shortage, I will say it once again.
    Food is next!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Even my favorite T.P. has a larger diameter tube & the roll is also narrower.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Another trick..

Consumers forced the stores too put "Price per ounce" on items for sale.
    This saves you from having too go too M.I.T. to figure out which item is the best buy.
    People became accustomed, that the larger items of the same product are the best purchase.
    Buy the bigger can, it's cheaper.
    Read and use the "Price per ounce" Two of the smaller items can be cheaper than one large container. These stores aint stupid. Impulse buyers are.
    Inflation. Hell yes. You used too be able to go into a store with a $20 bill and come out with food.
    Now go in with a $100 bill and come out with noodles and butter. Dont even bother looking at the meat section.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If walmart was so concerned about inflation then they could do something about it and limit or stop selling items from china.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

wallmartz is run by a bunch of wall-street insiders.

i have noticed that most of the time there prices are higher and are the first to go up at any hint of increasing cost.

i think this announcement is just smoke screen for wally-world to jump the gun on price increases and get a little fatter margin for china and hillary and the other left-leaning elites that control their management now.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've stopped shopping there as everything is made in a different country. That money isn't comming back unless it's to buy bits of our country. Plus allowing themselves to be bullied by rosie o into pulling the firearms out of most of their stores.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

we still buy a few things from wally-world but in the last few years we have really cut back on buying shit from them.

wally-mart is some kind of communist/captiolist /protectionist racket now days hell bent on gouging its patrons.

i would stop buying from them completely but they have ran 80% of the other stores out of the area.

damn wall-world COLLECTS our states inflated sales tax and are allowed to pocket it!

talk about corrupt--and the state politicians go along with it--$$$$ in their pockets--

nothing free enterprise about the government supported big retailer backed by china--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Wal-Mart loses its luster- MSN Money

Wally world just took a hurting. Oh they are not down. But not still going up.
    Surprisingly, Target and Dollar General are putting a hurting on them.
    They just remolded the Wally super store here. Made a big mistake according too their CEO.
    What they did was try too upscale the place. To cater too a higher priced buying clientele.
    Basically made more store space and got rid of the low priced items.
    It did not work. Sam is probably rolling in his grave.
    Shopping in their is made easy. But dont think for a second, your one stop shopping will save you money.
    Some prices are 50% over what you can buy at other stores.
    Sorry bout your luck Wally. Buy American. If you can find anything still made in America.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.