Gunco Forums banner

Beware of Homeland Security Training for Local Law Enforcement, by An Insider

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Beware of Homeland Security Training for Local Law Enforcement, by An Insider

Snippits:

During the past several years, I have witnessed a dramatic shift in the focus of law enforcement training. Law enforcement courses have moved away from a local community focus to a federally dominated model of complete social control. Most training I have attended over the past two years have been sponsored by Department of Homeland Security (DHS), namely the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

No matter what topic the training session concerns, every DHS sponsored course I have attended over the past few years never fails to branch off into warnings about potential domestic terrorists in the community. While this may sound like a valid officer and community safety issue, you may be disturbed to learn how our Federal government describes a typical domestic terrorist.

These federal trainers describe the dangers of “extremists” and “militia groups” roaming the community and hiding in plain sight, ready to attack. Officers are instructed how to recognize these domestic terrorists by their behavior, views and common characteristics. State data bases are kept to track suspected domestic terrorists and officers are instructed on reporting procedures to state and federal agencies. The state I work in, like many others, have what is known as a “fusion center” that compiles a watch list of suspicious people.

So how does a person qualify as a potential domestic terrorist? Based on the training I have attended, here are characteristics that qualify:
  • Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
  • Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
  • Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)
  • Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
  • Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
  • Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
  • Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
  • Homeschooling
  • Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
  • Belief in a New World Order conspiracy
A recent training session I attended encouraged law enforcement agencies to work with business owners to alert police when customers appear to be stockpiling items. An example was given that a federal agent was monitoring customers at a well known hunting and fishing retail outlet and noting who was purchasing certain items. This is something to remember the next time you purchase a case of ammo at one of these popular outdoor sports retail stores.

Another training session I attended two years ago discussed the dangers of people who have strong views of the U.S. Constitution. One trainer made the statement that “these people actually believe the Second Amendment gives them the personal right to own a gun.” Of course, the trainer failed to mention that our Founding Fathers, as well as recent Supreme Court rulings, verify this view as being completely accurate. The obvious attempt here was to suggest to officers that the Second Amendment does not apply to individual gun ownership and to be suspicious of anyone who holds such a view. It was also stressed to be cautious of anyone who quotes the Constitution and even worse, actually possesses a copy of this radical document. Incredibly, in the United States of America today belief in our founding legal principles is now grounds for being labeled a domestic terrorism. Imagine how they would respond to some of the known statements of Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry or George Mason concerning the issue of individual liberty and limited government. It is true that one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

Continued: http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/03/beware_of_homeland_security_tr.html

Black Blade: This is the police state that we live in these days. The rule of law no longer exists and government agencies are for the most part just "winging it" as they go along hoping that they can make some charges stick before a psychotic sympathetic judge. They will not tolerate what they consider political or thought crimes. This is the New America.

See less See more
#3 ·
I see a paper tiger.
Run by paper money.
Lot of growl, no real bite.
They are mistaking fear as an asset.
Fools will at some point have their asses handed to them.
And, it probably won't take much effort.
I know real cowards by their bullshit that foams out their nostrils.

#4 ·
The state I work in, like many others, have what is known as a “fusion center” that compiles a watch list of suspicious people.
Back in the 1980s an Arkansas State Trooper pulled a car over and was shot and killed by the driver. When the killer was apprehended, he claimed to be a "survivalist".

There was some freebie Federal anti-terrorism money floating around at the time, so Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas set up an anti-terrorism task force. (survivalist == terrorist, at least in politics...)

They needed a way to identify terrorists before they struck, so they compiled a watch list of people who might be terrorists - all of Tony Alamo's "Sword of the Lord" whackjobs and parole lists from the Department of Corrections to start with. Finding the list too short, they primed it with other convenient lists... the state of Arkansas, for whatever mysterious reason, requires that the owners of all NFA machine guns that fire pistol cartridges to register them with the Secretary of State's office. I had to go to Little Rock to do it at the Secretary's office. They seemed a bit surprised; though Arkansas has (at least then) the highest per-capita number of NFA weapons in the USA, they'd only had a few people bother to fill out the state forms too.

You know what happened, don't you? They merged that list into the terrorist watch list too. I found out when I got pulled over for having a brake light burned out, and the cop went nuts when the dispatcher told him I was a terrorist.

Lists never go away. I still get mail addressed to the previous holder of my PO box... and I've had that box since 1979. We get mail addressed to my wife's father, who moved away in 1968. And those are just junk mail lists, not really good stuff like lists of terrorists. And I'll bet one US dollar that "terrorist" list is still floating around out there in Homeland Security's server farm, and another dollar that there's no indication as to where or why my name was added.

I already get the hairy eyeball at "security checkpoints" at state and Federal buildings. Fat old white guy, check. Short haircut, check. Beard, check. Sets off metal detector, check. Thousand yard stare, check. Bad attitude toward ridiculous clowns with badly-fitting uniforms and tin badges, check.

Sooner or later some TSA-like "instant check" will go into place on those buildings, and then the real fun will begin...

"We have a little list, oh yes we do..."

#5 ·
yea. the entire network of HLS needs to be shut down. and those PC jibberish-watchlist crapola need to be eliminated and replaced with some realistic set-up that has the names of KNOWN terrorist only and i don't give a damn if their all arabic! there should be no PC "blending" on a security watch list!--

it reads "give me liberty or give me death!"

not

"give me security and give numerous government operated checkpoints that delay and harass citizens for no reason. yet let terrorist and illegals go by unchecked!"

hell you ever see any movie about occupied europe in WW2? damn NAZIS has a check[point like every 30 feet!--damn soviets the same shit.
that is not FREEDOM and LIBERTY gentlemen.

the citizens are the best protection against terrorist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.