Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'Apocalypse Zombies' a possibility says scientist

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyfringe View Post
    That's why I love my Saiga-12... it's BOTH an AK and 12 gauge!!
    Lunyfringe,

I have saiga envy, wish I could buy one (or afford it and the 20 round drum and ammo I would go thru). I have a remington 870 I bought on clearance for 149 dollars a few years back. Apparently there are double didgit millions of 870's out there.

Thats my problem when it comes to guns, Champagne dreams with a beer budget!

Feedback Score

Cracked.com is big on the zombie possibility theories, as well as a whole lotta other off the wall stuff. Pretty funny reading tho

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

By Joshua Rhett Miller
    Published May 18, 2011
    FoxNews.com

Are you prepared for the impending zombie invasion?

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

"First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house," the posting continues. "This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)."

Other items to be stashed in such a kit include medications, duct tape, a battery-powered radio, clothes, copies of important documents and first aid supplies.

"Once you've made your emergency kit, you should sit down with your family and come up with an emergency plan," the posting continues. "This includes where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your doorstep. You can also implement this plan if there is a flood, earthquake or other emergency."

The idea behind the campaign stemmed from concerns of radiation fears following the earthquake and tsunami that rocked in March. CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told FoxNews.com that someone had asked CDC officials if zombies would be a concern due to radiation fears in Japan and traffic spiked following that mention.

"It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek campaign," Daigle said Wednesday. "We were talking about hurricane preparedness and someone bemoaned that we kept putting out the same messages."

While metrics for the post are not yet available, Daigle said it has become the most popular CDC blog entry in just two days.

"People are so tuned into zombies," he said. "People are really dialed in on zombies. The idea is we're reaching an audience or a segment we'd never reach with typical messages."

CDC]CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse' - FoxNews.com Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse' - FoxNews.com

Black Blade: Even the CDC wants to play.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A few Zombie tips

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Hi Black Blade,

I read the CDC blog concerning zombies including the list of items needed to be prepared.

Not one mention of firearms or ammo, heh heh.

Its a Great marketing effort by the CDC and of course in times of emergency 'Barky" certainly doesnt want the peasants armed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.