Thread: Energy Costs Going Higher

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Energy Costs Going Higher

NBC’s Brokaw: Saudis ‘So Unhappy' With Obama They Sent Emissaries to China, Russia Seeking Enhanced Ties

Snippet:

(CNSNews.com) – Reporting from Baghdad, Iraq yesterday, NBC’s Tom Brokaw said the Saudi Arabian monarchy is “so unhappy with the Obama administration for the way it pushed out President Mubarak of Egypt” that it has sent senior officials to the Peoples' Republic of China and Russia to seek expanded business opportunities with those countries.

Continued: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/nbc ... -obama-adm

NBC Video clip: http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdaG6U8zkU

Black Blade: Yep, WTI crude at $113/bbl and Brent North Sea Crude at $126/bbl. The Saudis appear to be cutting ties with the west as they feel the west abandoned west-friendly Middle East - North Africa (MENA) countries.

Meanwhile, silver and gold flying higher. My mine shares have quadrupled to several-fold higher (SLW up over 1700%). Yesterday added another 4 UMC Megapacks .45 ACP (the other precious metal). Considering grains are on a tear as well, I may have to add to my food storage.

Higher fuel costs - reduced driving:

Alternate transportation (Gary Fisher Big Sur)

A friend buys or get free mountain bikes through Craigs list, refurbishes them and sells them. Quite popular in my part of the country. Good cheap transportation around town lately (lot of retirees and young folk on bikes).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

a big global change in on the radar.

IF the middle east breaks out in a sunni vs shia war the big winners will be the wahabbis--

and you know who they are---

Feedback Score

The increase in energy costs will surely mean an increase in business in my line of work. When the energy "crisis" hit in the 70's and many people put in wood burners, wood stoves, wood furnaces, or began using their fire places for heat, calls for the fire department went wild as people found new and creative ways to burn their houses down.

Chimney fires went crazy as people who had no clue about seasoning wood, or free burning a fire to help keep the chimney clean, or even at least once a year cleaning or examining the chimney. People dumping ashes into cardboard boxes and putting the box in the garage. Putting their chain saw gas and oil next to the wood furnace and having that burn.

It is inevitable that 3 things need to happen to save us from being dominated by foreign fuel.
    1) We need to drill in the USA and right now. We need to use our oil and make it cost restrictive to continue to be dependent on foreign oil.
    2) Go beyond exploring alternative energy and make it cost effective for main stream use. E-85 seems to be a very viable option. Soy diesel or soy diesel and diesel blends would help reduce or eliminate foreign oil dependency. More solar, more wind, more hydro-electric, bio-mass, and perhaps even more nuclear power plants to move away from fossil fuels. Perhaps, even cleaner coal burning plants since we have vast coal reserves.
    3) A mindset change of the populace that energy conservation is not a feel good option but something that is mandatory for the health of our nation. Energy has become a safety and security issue for the USA and it will be our downfall if we do not fix it and fix it fast.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 04-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.