How to disappear completely

Snippit:

My name is David Bond. I am an average 38 year old, married with two children. We live in Hackney, London. I pay my council tax. I've never been in trouble with the police. There are no skeletons in the closet. Yet last year I went on the run from two private investigators whose job was to find and grab me. It was an experience I do not want to repeat.

Details about my family and me are on around 700 company and government databases. I am caught on CCTV cameras 300 times each day. Until recently I did not give this a second thought. Why should I worry? Then a letter from the Child Benefit Agency arrived. It said that they had lost my daughter Ivy's data and with it my bank details. She was four months old.

Thirty years ago, very little data was kept on British citizens but now all that has changed. With support from the Channel 4 BRITDOC Foundation and The Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust, I have completed a feature documentary about the issues. It is called Erasing David. My producer hired Cerberus, a top firm of private investigators, to track me down. All they had to go on was my name and a recent photograph. I was to try to avoid being physically caught by them for 30 days.

Continued: How to disappear completely - Features, TV & Radio - The Independent

Black Blade: Forget it. All US citizens are logged, catalogued and filed by Big Bro. Everything we are, have been and that we do is known to Big Bro. There's no escape unless you go into the deep wilds and live off the grid entirely. Even then it's very difficult. The government has unlimited resources at it disposal. If they want you - they will find you. Even those domestic terrorists of the 1960s and 1970s who went underground were eventually captured although they had been living with new identities and assumed new lives for many years.