Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: book - Survival Disaster and Tactical Medicine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got my copy yesterday!

It's also a good idea to have a reference guide on hand as well. One also may want to have a Physicians Desk Reference as well. Some mention that getting a download or hard copy of "Where There's No Doctor" and "Where There's No Dentist" as additional resources.

Hesperian Foundation
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Good for you Black Blade. Everyone thinks 911 emergency is only a phone call away.
    Hiking in the woods, someone falls and breaks their femur. Uh oh.
    Get the book. Your next actions could save a life or kill someone.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Your shirt is on the way. The guy in the P.O. almost needed your medical book.
    I had too fill out 8 pages of custom forms. My God. I almost went too the airport and hand delivered it.
    Its a T shirt for Gods sake.
    Then he said $39.95 for delivery. WTF over. It has an APO address.
    No. It is $4.95.
    Oh sorry. I am from England. I am new here.
    Then what the hell are you doing in our P.O..
    We kicked your asses in the 1700s. I might just do it again.
    I left five bucks on the counter and walked out. Let me know if it is not there before the next elections.
    The P.O. is going too hell. Now their hiring illegal Brits for Gods sake.
    LOL i should tell you about our local post office!

it says open at 08:00 on break from 08:15 till 10:45 from 10:45 to 13:30 out to lunch from 13:30 to 16:00 it says administrative duty. @ 16:15 closed!

i think there napping when there there and it ain't often!

i figure the gov hired that brit thinking he was a mexican! --LOL

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Everyone thinks 911 emergency is only a phone call away.
    Some of them just can't seem to imagine that it's not. Over half of Americans are city dwellers now, where there's cellular service everywhere and the Magic Helicopter to whisk you to an emergency room. That's just TV stuff in the rural Ozarks.

After being first on the scene (after those involved) to a wreck that involved body parts laying in the street, I realized that dimly-remembered 45-year-old Cub Scout snakebite procedures and the CPR course I took weren't all that useful. I called the police, fire department, and three local hospitals trying to find out if there was a first aid course around. Nope, they've all gone away. Nobody could tell me what happened, but I'm guessing liability issues. People kept directing me to the Red Cross. The Red Cross only teaches CPR and their new electroshock machine, not much use for major trauma.

I finally found an old military battlefield medicine booklet that told me what I wanted to know. Basically, all you *can* do is make sure the airway is clear, cover any sucking chest wounds, where to put pressure to stop arterial bleeding on the limbs. Then you go off for help if you need to.

Sorry, with the high rate of hepatitis and HIV, if it's a stranger they better hope someone else will do CPR if they need it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default New CPR...

New method. My girlfriend watches those Doctor shows. They were showing the old CPR versus new method.
    After 4 minutes or so, the brain gets cooked.
    So I guess????? now they want us too concentrate on the chest pump, more than the airway breathing.
    They "the Doctors" said. Their is enough oxygen in the blood too keep a person alive for quite a while. Too concentrate more on getting blood too the brain.
    While working for a ski area. I did CPR on a guy for over an hour.
    Thank God my partner took the mouth. If he was not there. The guy was gonna die. I aint taking the mouth.
    He died anyway. Had a nice watch. I should have grabbed the damn thing. He didnt need it anymore.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

For CPR use a CPR shield. Many have a one way valve so if the person your doing CPR on coughs, vomits, etc no body fluids or their breath will go into your mouth. Kind of like a condom for the mouth - and a way for one to protect themselves from various diseases.
    Here is a link to one Amazon.com: CPR Shield: Health & Personal Care

pics of others:

"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I dont care about no shields. Once they puke their going too heaven.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

I dont care about no shields. Once they puke their going too heaven.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.